Removing Program

Zygy

Removing Program
It would appear to me that there is something wrong with Remove Programs
function in Windows Vista. When I got my new computer I installed Office
2000, so that I could install Office 2003 Upgrade. I excluded Outlook from
the installation of Office 2003, but it was installed by Office 2000.
Because of that I had problems with Windows Mail. When I would click on an
address in Contacts I would get an addressed email format without the Send
icon, which is a format of Outlook. To cure the problem I removed Office
2000 and Outlook no longer futures in All Programs, but I still get the
Outlook format of an email! The same happened with removal of the Scanner
software. It cannot be completely removed. Is there a way of removing traces
of these programs?

...winston

Re: Removing Program
Iirc you didn't have to install Office 2K to install Office 2k3, it should ask for the prior qualifying cd.
Did you image the drive after Vista and prior to any application software.

Maybe one of these tools will help
2003
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...401771033.aspx
"The Office Removal Wizard can detect and remove Office 95, Office 97, Office 2000, and Office XP, as well as Microsoft Office Multilingual User Interface Packs (MUI Packs) and individual Office applications"

2000
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...CH011494871033

...winston

"Zygy" <zygy@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23X5jk$%23qHHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
: It would appear to me that there is something wrong with Remove Programs
: function in Windows Vista. When I got my new computer I installed Office
: 2000, so that I could install Office 2003 Upgrade. I excluded Outlook from
: the installation of Office 2003, but it was installed by Office 2000.
: Because of that I had problems with Windows Mail. When I would click on an
: address in Contacts I would get an addressed email format without the Send
: icon, which is a format of Outlook. To cure the problem I removed Office
: 2000 and Outlook no longer futures in All Programs, but I still get the
: Outlook format of an email! The same happened with removal of the Scanner
: software. It cannot be completely removed. Is there a way of removing traces
: of these programs?
:
Peter Foldes

Re: Removing Program
If you excluded Outlook from the Office 2003 version when you installed it and left Outlook 2000 alone as you are saying then obviously you will have Outlook 2000 still remaining on your computer. By clicking on the Contacts of Outlook 2000 you will have this. Now you also say that you removed Outlook 2000 after and still get the Outlook 2000 window for sending still showing up . In other words you are saying that Outlook 2000 is still showing up.

Your Outlook 2000 still has some remnants left since you probably did not remove it completely or you installed Outlook 2003 without realizing it.

--
Peter

"...winston" <merlin@druid9#.com> wrote in message news:Od5f3m$qHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
[...]

There is no way you can exclude Outlook when installing Office 2000, but
when I installed Office 2003 Update I specifically excluded Outlook, because
I never liked it and do not use it. However, looking through the Programs I
discovered that Outlook was installed, so after experiencing the problem on
Windows Mail I Removed Office 2000. Outlook is no longer in the Programs,
but its remnants must still be somewhere in the system because it still
interferes with Windows Mail. My question is how to remove these remnants?
[...]

Stevo

Re: Removing Program

Are you sure it is the 'Outlook format' or that Windows Mail's format
looks similar to Outlook's? They were made by the same company you
know...

Peter Foldes

Re: Removing Program
You will need your Office 2000 install CD to accomplish this. When inserting the CD and when it starts it will give you 3 options. Repair,Install,Remove. Guess which one you will need to click on.

--
Peter