Vista64 Install Freeze

Enigma

Vista64 Install Freeze

When I start to install Vista64 the install stops right at the start.
When I start booting off the Vista DVD and select Windows setup the
screen changes to "loading files" then a black screen with a green
image\icon moving back and forth as it loads the install files. During
this part the process stops and the process stops right at the start.
There is no hard drive or DVD activity and the green image\icon freazes.

The system is a new home built 2.4GHz Core2duo, Asus P3K-Deluxe mobo,
2GB DDR2 1066 RAM, XFX 8800GTX. Plenty of cooling and not overclocked.
XP is installed and working fine. I was installing Vista in a dual boot
install.

I welcome anyone's experience with installing Vista64 expecially if
they experienced any thing similar to my problem.

--
Enigma
Coral

RE: Vista64 Install Freeze

"Enigma" wrote:

> When I start to install Vista64 the install stops right at the start.
> When I start booting off the Vista DVD and select Windows setup the
> screen changes to "loading files" then a black screen with a green
> image\icon moving back and forth as it loads the install files. During
> this part the process stops and the process stops right at the start.
> There is no hard drive or DVD activity and the green image\icon freazes.
>
> The system is a new home built 2.4GHz Core2duo, Asus P3K-Deluxe mobo,
> 2GB DDR2 1066 RAM, XFX 8800GTX. Plenty of cooling and not overclocked.
> XP is installed and working fine. I was installing Vista in a dual boot
> install.
>
> I welcome anyone's experience with installing Vista64 expecially if
> they experienced any thing similar to my problem.
>

> --
> Enigma

Coral

RE: Vista64 Install Freeze
I had the same experience with upgrading from XP to Vista 32. It turned out
to be a hardware problem. To identify the problem, I disconnected and/or
disabled all non-essential hardware (external drives, USB connections,
Printer) and made the installation successfully. In my case, the problem was
with an Iomega external hard drive. The drive has two connection options:
Firewire and USB. I was using Firewire with XP and switched to USB. Now the
system works perfectly. I hope this information helps.

Coral