"Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration..."

zachary

"Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration..."
Inclosed is a screenshot of the error. I have tried installing about 5 times
and keep getting the same error. I did the Microsoft update and still it
doesn't work.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...itvistafc4.png
Jane C

Re: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration..."
Does this help?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931697

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"zachary" <zachary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Inclosed is a screenshot of the error. I have tried installing about 5
> times
> and keep getting the same error. I did the Microsoft update and still it
> doesn't work.
>
> http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...itvistafc4.png

Robert Firth

Re: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration..."
Yo Jane! Fo Shizzle! Jeff told me they made you a MVP, congrats! Funny, I
met you and Jeff last May/June, it has been an entire year since then

Robert Firth
http://www.winvistainfo.org

"Jane C" <jellybean@NOSPAMxjgarage.org> wrote in message
> Does this help?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931697
>

> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "zachary" <zachary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Inclosed is a screenshot of the error. I have tried installing about 5
>> times
>> and keep getting the same error. I did the Microsoft update and still it
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...itvistafc4.png

Jane C

Re: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration..."
Yo firth!! Thanks

Doesn't time fly?

--

"Robert Firth" <webmaster@winvistainfo.org> wrote in message
> Yo Jane! Fo Shizzle! Jeff told me they made you a MVP, congrats! Funny, I
> met you and Jeff last May/June, it has been an entire year since then
>
> Robert Firth
> http://www.winvistainfo.org
>
> "Jane C" <jellybean@NOSPAMxjgarage.org> wrote in message
>> Does this help?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931697
>>

>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
>> MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "zachary" <zachary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Inclosed is a screenshot of the error. I have tried installing about 5
>>> times
>>> and keep getting the same error. I did the Microsoft update and still it
>>> doesn't work.
>>>
>>> http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...itvistafc4.png

zachary

Re: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration...
Thanks! I am going to try this and I will get back to you!

"Jane C" wrote:

> Does this help?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931697
>

> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "zachary" <zachary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Inclosed is a screenshot of the error. I have tried installing about 5
> > times
> > and keep getting the same error. I did the Microsoft update and still it
> > doesn't work.
> >
> > http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...itvistafc4.png

JoeWhitaker

Re: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration...
My name is Joe Whitaker, I am needing some assistance please, and I am
attempting to upgrade to MS Vista Ultimate. I've typed in my product key
text and it is telling me to use my previous product key. This is
confussing, since I am upgrading from an evaluation of MS Vista Ulitmate, and
I have very important pieces of software as well as data. I realize that I
can perform a data backup, but I will be charge again for a particular
software tool that I use. That software is expensive. Please respond to
either of the following email addresses: rdroland_5@yahoo.com or
jdwhit2001@yahoo.com

"Robert Firth" wrote:

> Yo Jane! Fo Shizzle! Jeff told me they made you a MVP, congrats! Funny, I
> met you and Jeff last May/June, it has been an entire year since then
>
> Robert Firth
> http://www.winvistainfo.org
>
> "Jane C" <jellybean@NOSPAMxjgarage.org> wrote in message
> > Does this help?
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931697
> >

> > --
> > Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> > Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
> > MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "zachary" <zachary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Inclosed is a screenshot of the error. I have tried installing about 5
> >> times
> >> and keep getting the same error. I did the Microsoft update and still it
> >> doesn't work.
> >>
> >> http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...itvistafc4.png

XS11E

JoeWhitaker <JoeWhitaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My name is Joe Whitaker, I am needing some assistance please, and
> I am attempting to upgrade to MS Vista Ultimate.

Where to begin...

1. Don't hijack someone else's thread, start a new one with your
problem.

2. You'll find it easier to not use the horrible web interface, it
causes errors like the one above. Set up a newsreader so you'll be
better able to use newsgroups, Outlook Express or Windows Mail can
be configured to work as a newsreader, there are others.

> Please respond to either of the following email addresses:
> rdroland_5@yahoo.com or jdwhit2001@yahoo.com

3. Do not request that people respond via email, the answer to your
question might be useful to others in the newsgroup.

As to your problem, spend a few minutes reading other posts in the
group, you may find your answer or a phone call to Microsoft support
might be the best solution to your problem with the key.