When I start my computer I get an "array index error"

Gabriela

When I start my computer I get an "array index error"
I´ve got a brand new VAIO computer. Since the very first time I started it
the first thing on screen is an error box. At the top it says "Entice" and
then, "Array index error" and an "ok" option. What is it. Besides, I don´t
know if it is because of the same error, but the desktop gets sometimes
crazy, I can´t manage the windows and the names of each windows get erased,
what can it be?
thanks
Rock

Re: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"
"Gabriela" <Gabriela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> I´ve got a brand new VAIO computer. Since the very first time I started it
> the first thing on screen is an error box. At the top it says "Entice" and
> then, "Array index error" and an "ok" option. What is it. Besides, I don´t
> know if it is because of the same error, but the desktop gets sometimes
> crazy, I can´t manage the windows and the names of each windows get
> erased,
> what can it be?
> thanks

If this is a new computer and it has done it right from the start contact
Sony tech support for help. A new computer should not have problems.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Fernando

RE: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"
i've got the exact same problem, and i've have seen it with a friend of mine.
We both have a brand new Sony Vaio. I've already contact sony support but i
think is a vista thing. Anyone? please.

"Gabriela" wrote:

> I´ve got a brand new VAIO computer. Since the very first time I started it
> the first thing on screen is an error box. At the top it says "Entice" and
> then, "Array index error" and an "ok" option. What is it. Besides, I don´t
> know if it is because of the same error, but the desktop gets sometimes
> crazy, I can´t manage the windows and the names of each windows get erased,
> what can it be?
> thanks

Rock

Re: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"
"Fernando" wrote
> i've got the exact same problem, and i've have seen it with a friend of
> mine.
> We both have a brand new Sony Vaio. I've already contact sony support but
> think is a vista thing. Anyone? please.
>
> "Gabriela" wrote:
>
>> I´ve got a brand new VAIO computer. Since the very first time I started
>> it
>> the first thing on screen is an error box. At the top it says "Entice"
>> and
>> then, "Array index error" and an "ok" option. What is it. Besides, I
>> don´t
>> know if it is because of the same error, but the desktop gets sometimes
>> crazy, I can´t manage the windows and the names of each windows get
>> erased,
>> what can it be?
>> thanks

Whether it's a Vista issue, though I've not see or heard of this issue
before, or related to 3rd party software installed by Sony, it's still an
issue for Sony tech support. A new computer should not be giving problems.
I would put pressure on them to take care of it.

Does this same behavior occur when the computer is started in Safe Mode? If
not it's something starting in normal mode. You could do some clean boot
troubleshooting, disabling startup items, to pinpoint what's generating the
error. Here are some links with info on how to do this. They are for XP
but the principle is the same for Vista.

Clean Boot Troubleshooting

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

bananapudding

Re: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"

Uninstall Quickbooks.

--
bananapudding
bananapudding's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28373

http://forums.techarena.in

Cheddarhead

Re: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"
Who me? No you!

ciao

"bananapudding" <bananapudding.2u5jjq@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Uninstall Quickbooks.
>

> --
> bananapudding
> bananapudding's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28373
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=762657
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Tammy

RE: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"
I also have this problem, Just purchased a vaio notebook and it has come up
at start up from the get go, I have been searching to find out what it is,
hope there is an annswer.

"Gabriela" wrote:

> I´ve got a brand new VAIO computer. Since the very first time I started it
> the first thing on screen is an error box. At the top it says "Entice" and
> then, "Array index error" and an "ok" option. What is it. Besides, I don´t
> know if it is because of the same error, but the desktop gets sometimes
> crazy, I can´t manage the windows and the names of each windows get erased,
> what can it be?
> thanks

bananapudding

Re: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"

I have solved this problem before. Uninstall Quickbooks.

--
bananapudding
bananapudding's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28373
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=762657

http://forums.techarena.in

Tammy

Re: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"
I tried that then rebooted and still the same error message.

"bananapudding" wrote:

> I have solved this problem before. Uninstall Quickbooks.
>

> --
> bananapudding
> bananapudding's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28373
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=762657
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

bananapudding

Re: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"

Go to msconfig and look in the startup items for something like "quick
start"