Scanner help please

C Winston

Scanner help please
I have had a problem trying to install myscanner.......the software wont
install - says that I have an administrater issue - the printer as
automatically picked up by Vista but it will not acknowledge the
scanner...what can I do?
--
To whom much is given ...... much is required
Don

Re: Scanner help please
C Winston wrote:
> I have had a problem trying to install myscanner.......the software wont
> install - says that I have an administrater issue - the printer as
> automatically picked up by Vista but it will not acknowledge the
> scanner...what can I do?

The usual problem is that the scanner software is not yet Vista
compatible. What scanner, and what software are you trying to
install?

C Winston

Re: Scanner help please
I have an HP 1310 and a F300 - and I did look at the disk and noticed that it
didnt have a vista compatability - does thatr mean I cannot get the scanner
to work at all?
--

"Don" wrote:

> C Winston wrote:
> > I have had a problem trying to install myscanner.......the software wont
> > install - says that I have an administrater issue - the printer as
> > automatically picked up by Vista but it will not acknowledge the
> > scanner...what can I do?

> The usual problem is that the scanner software is not yet Vista
> compatible. What scanner, and what software are you trying to
> install?

John Inzer

Re: Scanner help please
C Winston wrote:
> I have an HP 1310 and a F300 - and I did look at the disk and noticed
> that it didnt have a vista compatability - does thatr mean I cannot
> get the scanner to work at all?
>
>> C Winston wrote:
>>> I have had a problem trying to install myscanner.......the software
>>> wont install - says that I have an administrater issue - the
>>> printer as automatically picked up by Vista but it will not
>>> acknowledge the scanner...what can I do?

>> The usual problem is that the scanner software is not yet Vista
>> compatible. What scanner, and what software are you trying to
>> install?

==========================
If you go to HP Support and Drivers...
you may find Vista drivers for both
machines.

HP Support and Drivers
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

huwyngr

Re: Scanner help please
You can try starting from scratch by uninstalling the software you did
install, removing any icons from control panel / ..... and
disconnection the USB cable between the printer and the PC at the PC
end then rebooting.

Reinstall the software by right mouse clicking on the file that starts
it -- autorun.exe or setup.exe if it's a CD or the file you downloaded
-- selecting Compatibility Mode / XP Pro with SP2 and checking the box
[X] Run as Administrator.

That worked for me with two HP printers but they were not All in Ones
with a scanner in them.

You may find that you get an installation but VISTA's Fax and Scan
utility does not see your scanner. If so then look for the HP utility
that enables scanning and use that to start and scan -- I do that with
my very old HP SJ5P scanner.

But although HP don't list the PSC 1300 they do show fully featured
software for the PSC 1311 so I'd try that first -- use the Run as
Administrator but not the compatibility with XP.

It's at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
=en&product=374578&lang=en

You may have to click on the second line of that URL for it to work and
if not copy/paste all of it into your browser address box.

I see the same software package is for the F300 AIO also -- you are
lucky!

C Winston

Re: Scanner help please
thank you everyone for your help .....I downloaded the software last night -
but I am still having a problem with the scanner - the software downloaded
and works - but I still can't scan images
--

"huwyngr" wrote:

> You can try starting from scratch by uninstalling the software you did
> install, removing any icons from control panel / ..... and
> disconnection the USB cable between the printer and the PC at the PC
> end then rebooting.
>
> Reinstall the software by right mouse clicking on the file that starts
> it -- autorun.exe or setup.exe if it's a CD or the file you downloaded
> -- selecting Compatibility Mode / XP Pro with SP2 and checking the box
> [X] Run as Administrator.
>
> That worked for me with two HP printers but they were not All in Ones
> with a scanner in them.
>
> You may find that you get an installation but VISTA's Fax and Scan
> utility does not see your scanner. If so then look for the HP utility
> that enables scanning and use that to start and scan -- I do that with
> my very old HP SJ5P scanner.
>
> But although HP don't list the PSC 1300 they do show fully featured
> software for the PSC 1311 so I'd try that first -- use the Run as
> Administrator but not the compatibility with XP.
>
> It's at:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
> =en&product=374578&lang=en
>
> You may have to click on the second line of that URL for it to work and
> if not copy/paste all of it into your browser address box.
>
> I see the same software package is for the F300 AIO also -- you are
> lucky!

huwyngr

Re: Scanner help please
Did you follow the procedure I outlined for cleaning up first and
reinstalled without the USB connected?

What do error messages say?

Check out in Event Viewer for a time when you try to scan and see what
that says.

Navigator1925

Re: Scanner help please
I had a problem installing an HP scanner on a coputer that already had an HP
printer installed. After many long conversations with HP they told me to
turn off the printer and try again. It worked. I can have either the
printer or the scanner turned on, but never both at the same time.