Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
JCO
 

Posts: n/a
Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?

I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their computers.
The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the Non Profit
Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the application won't
run.

Thanks


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
mikeyhsd
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
have you thought of asking quickbooks support if this particular version (by number) will run on vista or if it needs upgrading/.



mikeyhsd@comcast.net



"JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23kv%238mhqHHA.192@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?

I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their computers.
The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the Non Profit
Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the application won't
run.

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
JCO
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
Right now, I don't know the version. I can't figure that out until sometime late next week. After a meeting, I plan to take a look at his system and the software.

So I was just wondering if anybody else has crossed this bridge.. with Quickbooks.
Thanks
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eAVUhzhqHHA.4520@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
have you thought of asking quickbooks support if this particular version (by number) will run on vista or if it needs upgrading/.



mikeyhsd@comcast.net



"JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23kv%238mhqHHA.192@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?

I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their computers.
The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the Non Profit
Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the application won't
run.

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2007
Jerry McBride
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
JCO wrote:

> Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?
>
> I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their
> computers. The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the
> Non Profit
> Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the application
> won't run.
>
> Thanks


Vista offers no advantage to an established and working XP install other
than "lipstick on a pig"...

You're asking for problems...

--


Jerry McBride
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2007
GTS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
Version of QuickBooks prior to QB 2007 will NOT run on Vista.
This information is, of course, available in Intuits web site which should
be your first information source.
--

"JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
news:%23kv%238mhqHHA.192@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?
>
> I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their
> computers. The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the
> Non Profit Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the
> application won't run.
>
> Thanks
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2007
JCO
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
I'm not disagreeing with that statement but the new computers all come with
Vista.
The one he using is less than .796 Ghz in speed (very slow). So they are
pushing the issue of getting new computers.

I can get a new system, running Vista, for 400.00.
I can build my own for the same cost, but they don't have the Windows XP
disc because the computers were donated (non profit place.. remember).

"Jerry McBride" <mcbrides9@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:av5pj4x5m3.ln2@supertux.my.domain...
> JCO wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?
>>
>> I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their
>> computers. The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the
>> Non Profit
>> Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the application
>> won't run.
>>
>> Thanks

>
> Vista offers no advantage to an established and working XP install other
> than "lipstick on a pig"...
>
> You're asking for problems...
>
> --
>
>
> Jerry McBride



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2007
JCO
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
I'm reading that now.
Thanks

"GTS" <x@y.net> wrote in message
news:%230%23kAtjqHHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Version of QuickBooks prior to QB 2007 will NOT run on Vista.
> This information is, of course, available in Intuits web site which should
> be your first information source.
> --
>
> "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> news:%23kv%238mhqHHA.192@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?
>>
>> I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their
>> computers. The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the
>> Non Profit Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the
>> application won't run.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2007
Jerry McBride
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues

What you could try is running your version quickbooks under wine on linux.
The os is free... and you already own quickbooks... it if works to your
satisfaction, you can take the money saved and re-invest hardware...


JCO wrote:

> I'm not disagreeing with that statement but the new computers all come
> with Vista.
> The one he using is less than .796 Ghz in speed (very slow). So they are
> pushing the issue of getting new computers.
>
> I can get a new system, running Vista, for 400.00.
> I can build my own for the same cost, but they don't have the Windows XP
> disc because the computers were donated (non profit place.. remember).
>
> "Jerry McBride" <mcbrides9@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:av5pj4x5m3.ln2@supertux.my.domain...
>> JCO wrote:
>>
>>> Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?
>>>
>>> I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their
>>> computers. The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the
>>> Non Profit
>>> Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the application
>>> won't run.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>
>> Vista offers no advantage to an established and working XP install other
>> than "lipstick on a pig"...
>>
>> You're asking for problems...
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Jerry McBride


--


Jerry McBride
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2007
Hank Arnold
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
First question is why they think they should upgrade to Vista? I'd be
interested in what they think is worth the $$$ of buying the licenses
(and hardware) to do an upgrade.

I support a non-profit Hospice. We have 125 workstations/laptops & 15
servers. We have absolutely no plans to upgrade to Vista. We will be
buying some new laptops this year and they will have XP Pro. No Vista
until at least next year. Even then, it will only be when buying new
hardware.

Regards,
Hank Arnold

JCO wrote:
> Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?
>
> I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their computers.
> The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the Non Profit
> Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the application won't
> run.
>
> Thanks
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2007
JCO
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cosidering Vista, Worried about Software Issues
I understand. I think it's best to stay with XP Pro too.
That is what I will suggest.

"Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:uYN3hCBrHHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> First question is why they think they should upgrade to Vista? I'd be
> interested in what they think is worth the $$$ of buying the licenses (and
> hardware) to do an upgrade.
>
> I support a non-profit Hospice. We have 125 workstations/laptops & 15
> servers. We have absolutely no plans to upgrade to Vista. We will be
> buying some new laptops this year and they will have XP Pro. No Vista
> until at least next year. Even then, it will only be when buying new
> hardware.
>
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
>
> JCO wrote:
>> Does anybody know if Quickbooks will run on Vista?
>>
>> I work with a non-profit organization that wants to update their
>> computers. The current computer that is running Windows XP also uses the
>> Non Profit Version of Quickbooks. I don't want to upgrade him if the
>> application won't run.
>>
>> Thanks



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP WITH VISTA ISSUES nycamus@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 20 05-29-2007 18:40
New to Vista, worried about security joseph_m_ross@yahoo.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 14 05-27-2007 10:43
Issues running software in Vista 32-bit virtuapete microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 05-23-2007 17:09
VX-6000 LifeCam Microphone issues with v 1.3 software Toby Reid microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-14-2007 01:14




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:34.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120