Vista with 2 languages

SR

Vista with 2 languages
I have a laptop with Vista Business (English) and would like to be able to
switch to German sometimes. I understand that I need to get a German version,
which is fine for me, but I do not want to overwrite my english version.
Is it really not possible to install only the "language part" of Vista
Business?
I do not want to use Virtual PC as this takes up far too much space.
Wolfgang Biber-Thomsen

Re: Vista with 2 languages
Hello,
If you can read the specification of the procedure in German, see
here
http://community.winforpro.com/index...ndpost&p=11932

and here the procedure
http://community.winforpro.com/index...indpost&p=8970

Much success !
wbiberthomsen (ID1014849)
Germany

"SR" <SR@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a laptop with Vista Business (English) and would like to be able to
> switch to German sometimes. I understand that I need to get a German
> version,
> which is fine for me, but I do not want to overwrite my english version.
> Is it really not possible to install only the "language part" of Vista
> Business?
> I do not want to use Virtual PC as this takes up far too much space.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista with 2 languages
What you seek cannot be done.

"SR" <SR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop with Vista Business (English) and would like to be able to
> switch to German sometimes. I understand that I need to get a German
> version,
> which is fine for me, but I do not want to overwrite my english version.
> Is it really not possible to install only the "language part" of Vista
> Business?
> I do not want to use Virtual PC as this takes up far too much space.

Wolfgang Biber-Thomsen

Re: Vista with 2 languages
However! I have it so done during the last Builds in the beta-test and also
with the Download iso, that I got gratuitously for the successful test from
Microsoft.

Wolfgang (Beta-ID1014849)

______________________________

"Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> What you seek cannot be done.

> "SR" <SR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a laptop with Vista Business (English) and would like to be able to
>> switch to German sometimes. I understand that I need to get a German
>> version,
>> which is fine for me, but I do not want to overwrite my english version.
>> Is it really not possible to install only the "language part" of Vista
>> Business?
>> I do not want to use Virtual PC as this takes up far too much space.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista with 2 languages
Ah, that would be the ULTIMATE version, not the BUSINESS version. It is not
possible in the BUSINESS version, as the OP asked about.