Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error Code 0x80070241

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Tim
 

Posts: n/a
Error Code 0x80070241
Vista Ultimate 32 bit - I'm trying to do an "upgrade install" from my
original OEM DVD... The install fails on copying files with the Error:
0x80070241

The message says... "Windows cannot copy files... ... Files may be corrupt
or missing..."

I've been getting BSOD's right and left... BAD POOL HEADER, MULTIPLE IRP
COMPLETE REQUEST, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL... all RAM
related but memtest runs for hours without any problems...

How do I get Vista to do an upgrade on this system ?

Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
EVGA 122CK-NF68-A1 -680i SLI
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700, 2.66 MHz (10x);
Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D; 2GB
DDR2-800 MHz; 2.2 V; 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS);
EVGA - nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX; Driver Version 158.24
Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Don
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code 0x80070241
Tim wrote:
> Vista Ultimate 32 bit - I'm trying to do an "upgrade install" from my
> original OEM DVD... The install fails on copying files with the Error:
> 0x80070241
>
> The message says... "Windows cannot copy files... ... Files may be
> corrupt or missing..."
>
> I've been getting BSOD's right and left... BAD POOL HEADER, MULTIPLE IRP
> COMPLETE REQUEST, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL... all RAM
> related but memtest runs for hours without any problems...
>
> How do I get Vista to do an upgrade on this system ?
>
> Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
> EVGA 122CK-NF68-A1 -680i SLI
> Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700, 2.66 MHz (10x);
> Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D; 2GB
> DDR2-800 MHz; 2.2 V; 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS);
> EVGA - nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX; Driver Version 158.24
> Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Don
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code 0x80070241
Tim wrote:
> Vista Ultimate 32 bit - I'm trying to do an "upgrade install" from my
> original OEM DVD... The install fails on copying files with the Error:
> 0x80070241
>
> The message says... "Windows cannot copy files... ... Files may be
> corrupt or missing..."
>
> I've been getting BSOD's right and left... BAD POOL HEADER, MULTIPLE IRP
> COMPLETE REQUEST, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL... all RAM
> related but memtest runs for hours without any problems...
>
> How do I get Vista to do an upgrade on this system ?
>
> Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
> EVGA 122CK-NF68-A1 -680i SLI
> Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700, 2.66 MHz (10x);
> Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D; 2GB
> DDR2-800 MHz; 2.2 V; 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS);
> EVGA - nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX; Driver Version 158.24
> Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer


Most likely is that you need to supply a Vista-compatible driver
for your nVidia graphics chip. Less likely but still possible is
that you need to update the BIOS for your motherboard.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Tim
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code 0x80070241
Don,

My system has WHQL graphics drivers installed and the BIOS is up to date...

Can I boot to the DVD and still do an upgrade install ? What about running
the upgrade install in Safe Mode with Networking ?

thanks... t
"Don" <don195702@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uvEWozLqHHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Tim wrote:
>> Vista Ultimate 32 bit - I'm trying to do an "upgrade install" from my
>> original OEM DVD... The install fails on copying files with the Error:
>> 0x80070241
>>
>> The message says... "Windows cannot copy files... ... Files may be
>> corrupt or missing..."
>>
>> I've been getting BSOD's right and left... BAD POOL HEADER, MULTIPLE IRP
>> COMPLETE REQUEST, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL... all RAM
>> related but memtest runs for hours without any problems...
>>
>> How do I get Vista to do an upgrade on this system ?
>>
>> Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
>> EVGA 122CK-NF68-A1 -680i SLI
>> Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700, 2.66 MHz (10x);
>> Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D; 2GB
>> DDR2-800 MHz; 2.2 V; 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS);
>> EVGA - nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX; Driver Version 158.24
>> Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer

>
> Most likely is that you need to supply a Vista-compatible driver
> for your nVidia graphics chip. Less likely but still possible is
> that you need to update the BIOS for your motherboard.
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
Don
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code 0x80070241
Tim wrote:
> Don,
>
> My system has WHQL graphics drivers installed and the BIOS is up to date...


First, I just noticed that you are using an OEM DVD, so everything I say
could be wrong -- I don't know what is included on the OEM DVD.

> Can I boot to the DVD and still do an upgrade install ? What about
> running the upgrade install in Safe Mode with Networking ?


If you have *Vista* drivers for the graphics card you must supply them
to the install program before it actually starts installing, else when
the installer tries to boot your machine you will have the wrong drivers
installed on the hard drive. At some point early in the install, it
will give you a chance to supply any extra drivers.

I believe the installer runs in 'safe mode' until it tries to reboot
your machine -- that's why the installer can use your graphics card
during the early phase even without the right Vista driver.


> "Don" <don195702@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uvEWozLqHHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Tim wrote:
>>> Vista Ultimate 32 bit - I'm trying to do an "upgrade install" from my
>>> original OEM DVD... The install fails on copying files with the
>>> Error: 0x80070241
>>>
>>> The message says... "Windows cannot copy files... ... Files may be
>>> corrupt or missing..."
>>>
>>> I've been getting BSOD's right and left... BAD POOL HEADER, MULTIPLE
>>> IRP COMPLETE REQUEST, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL...
>>> all RAM related but memtest runs for hours without any problems...
>>>
>>> How do I get Vista to do an upgrade on this system ?
>>>
>>> Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
>>> EVGA 122CK-NF68-A1 -680i SLI
>>> Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700, 2.66 MHz (10x);
>>> Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D; 2GB
>>> DDR2-800 MHz; 2.2 V; 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS);
>>> EVGA - nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX; Driver Version 158.24
>>> Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer

>>
>> Most likely is that you need to supply a Vista-compatible driver
>> for your nVidia graphics chip. Less likely but still possible is
>> that you need to update the BIOS for your motherboard.
>>

>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE: Error code: 0x80070241 on install =?Utf-8?B?bWFyZ2Vtb29zaA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 08-09-2007 14:29
Error Code 0x80070241 =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 04-22-2007 15:42
Error 0x80070241 Joseph O microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 02-08-2007 19:12
Error code 0x80070241 when installing Basic =?Utf-8?B?anRkdWRlMA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 02-05-2007 07:02
Windows Vista Error Code: 0x80070241 installation. =?Utf-8?B?c2Vrb2JhYmE=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 01-09-2007 11:06




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120