can't install or delete some programs

icoczar

can't install or delete some programs
vista installed and runs fine. i am only user and administrator, but some
apps (like google toolbar) can't be installed (says windows installer not
installed correctly), while others that were installed (Adobe Acrobat 8.0)
can' be uninstalled. What's the fix?
Rick Rogers

Re: can't install or delete some programs
Hi,

This can happen when a user disables UAC. Did you do this?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"icoczar" <icoczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> vista installed and runs fine. i am only user and administrator, but some
> apps (like google toolbar) can't be installed (says windows installer not
> installed correctly), while others that were installed (Adobe Acrobat 8.0)
> can' be uninstalled. What's the fix?

icoczar

Re: can't install or delete some programs
I have tried it both ways, but still no luck. I have 2 PCs so I know the apps
run under Vista. But on this PC it looks like anything that uses the Windows
Installer has the problem. Examples are google toolbar and VLC media player.
Any ideas?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This can happen when a user disables UAC. Did you do this?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "icoczar" <icoczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > vista installed and runs fine. i am only user and administrator, but some
> > apps (like google toolbar) can't be installed (says windows installer not
> > installed correctly), while others that were installed (Adobe Acrobat 8.0)
> > can' be uninstalled. What's the fix?

Rick Rogers

Re: can't install or delete some programs
Hi,

Adobe's product is one that can cause issues if one tries to
install/uninstall without UAC running, so may be the source of your
problems. Try the steps listed under method 1 here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

--

>I have tried it both ways, but still no luck. I have 2 PCs so I know the
>apps
> run under Vista. But on this PC it looks like anything that uses the
> Windows
> Installer has the problem. Examples are google toolbar and VLC media
> player.
> Any ideas?
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This can happen when a user disables UAC. Did you do this?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "icoczar" <icoczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > vista installed and runs fine. i am only user and administrator, but
>> > some
>> > apps (like google toolbar) can't be installed (says windows installer
>> > not
>> > installed correctly), while others that were installed (Adobe Acrobat
>> > 8.0)
>> > can' be uninstalled. What's the fix?

icoczar

Re: can't install or delete some programs
Tried that, still not fixed. What now?