Vista 64 - no Network Access

Stumped by Vista

Vista 64 - no Network Access
XP pro (64 bit) works fine.
Vista Business (64 bit) everything works except no network.
ASUS sent me to marvell who makes the 8001 nic chip. Various drivers updates
from them, no access. I believe other users are having the same problem.

So I thought I would get a vista 64 compatible nic card. Went to fry's and
epo. No such animal. Searched online multiple vendors, again no such animal.

Is there a list of vista 64 NIC cards for wired access?

Has anyone gotten an ASUS M2A-MVP motherboard to work with Vista 64? If so,
How?

Has anyone gotten a Marvell 8001
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista 64 - no Network Access
Doesn't specify whether 32 or 64 bit but D-Link has a page of Vista
compatible products:
http://www.dlink.com/products/vista-support/

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Stumped by Vista" <Stumped by Vista @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E8D244C3-8C5C-493C-A795-466869B3BD78@microsoft.com...
> XP pro (64 bit) works fine.
> Vista Business (64 bit) everything works except no network.
> ASUS sent me to marvell who makes the 8001 nic chip. Various drivers
> updates
> from them, no access. I believe other users are having the same problem.
>
> So I thought I would get a vista 64 compatible nic card. Went to fry's and
> epo. No such animal. Searched online multiple vendors, again no such
> animal.
>
> Is there a list of vista 64 NIC cards for wired access?
>
> Has anyone gotten an ASUS M2A-MVP motherboard to work with Vista 64? If
> so,
> How?
>
> Has anyone gotten a Marvell 8001

XS11E

wrote:

> XP pro (64 bit) works fine.
> Vista Business (64 bit) everything works except no network.
> ASUS sent me to marvell who makes the 8001 nic chip. Various
> drivers updates from them, no access. I believe other users are
> having the same problem.

> Has anyone gotten a Marvell 8001

Yup, Vista Ultimate 64 installed it during the install, the drivers are
part of the package, I did nothing except use it.

Something went wrong with your install, maybe?

See if there's a driver here:

http://www.PlanetAMD64.com

You'll have to create a log in to access the drivers, you only need a
user name, password and a valid email, can be a throwaway one.

Dyawlak

Re: Vista 64 - no Network Access
I broght a ProLine one from PC World - has a Protek chipset which was
detected on bootup.

"Stumped by Vista" <Stumped by Vista @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E8D244C3-8C5C-493C-A795-466869B3BD78@microsoft.com...
> XP pro (64 bit) works fine.
> Vista Business (64 bit) everything works except no network.
> ASUS sent me to marvell who makes the 8001 nic chip. Various drivers
> updates
> from them, no access. I believe other users are having the same problem.
>
> So I thought I would get a vista 64 compatible nic card. Went to fry's and
> epo. No such animal. Searched online multiple vendors, again no such
> animal.
>
> Is there a list of vista 64 NIC cards for wired access?
>
> Has anyone gotten an ASUS M2A-MVP motherboard to work with Vista 64? If
> so,
> How?
>
> Has anyone gotten a Marvell 8001

Conor

Re: Vista 64 - no Network Access
In article <E8D244C3-8C5C-493C-A795-466869B3BD78@microsoft.com>,
says...
> XP pro (64 bit) works fine.
> Vista Business (64 bit) everything works except no network.
> ASUS sent me to marvell who makes the 8001 nic chip. Various drivers updates
> from them, no access. I believe other users are having the same problem.
>
> So I thought I would get a vista 64 compatible nic card. Went to fry's and
> epo. No such animal. Searched online multiple vendors, again no such animal.
>
> Is there a list of vista 64 NIC cards for wired access?

Any Realtek 8192 based one.

I'm using a £2 Realtek 8192 based NIC.

--
Conor