Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista

Isotta72

Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new laptop)
and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word documents the
application crashed.
I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the problem
doesn't arise.
Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Re: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
I would uninstall it and re-install.

Word 2003 works fine on my machine.

Are the documents you are trying to open, ones that you created? or created
by someone else?
You might check the permissions on them.

"Isotta72" <Isotta72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news0A1DB61-BFA9-4DCD-8A60-F27431D93F3C@microsoft.com...
> I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new laptop)
> and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word documents the
> application crashed.
> I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the problem
> doesn't arise.
> Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance

Isotta72

Re: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
The documents are the ones I have created (using Word 2003 on another PC with
Windows XP), and I've already tried to unistall and install again Office 2003.
Unfortunately, it doesn't still work.
I can neither try to save the files using Word save command since they crash
just after I open them. The error message told me there is a module named
MSGRIT32.DLL which has errors.

It seems as if something happens when Word is run on Vista because the same
installation of Office 2003 on Windows XP works fine.

Thanks the same for the suggestion.

"Dave" wrote:

> I would uninstall it and re-install.
>
> Word 2003 works fine on my machine.
>
> Are the documents you are trying to open, ones that you created? or created
> by someone else?
> You might check the permissions on them.
>

> "Isotta72" <Isotta72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news0A1DB61-BFA9-4DCD-8A60-F27431D93F3C@microsoft.com...
> > I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new laptop)
> > and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word documents the
> > application crashed.
> > I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the problem
> > doesn't arise.
> > Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Dave

Re: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
a search on the web seems to indicate that it's a Italian grammar tool
problem
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...525161033.aspx

sorry I can't help you more.

> The documents are the ones I have created (using Word 2003 on another PC
> with
> Windows XP), and I've already tried to unistall and install again Office
> 2003.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't still work.
> I can neither try to save the files using Word save command since they
> crash
> just after I open them. The error message told me there is a module named
> MSGRIT32.DLL which has errors.
>
> It seems as if something happens when Word is run on Vista because the
> same
> installation of Office 2003 on Windows XP works fine.
>
> Thanks the same for the suggestion.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> I would uninstall it and re-install.
>>
>> Word 2003 works fine on my machine.
>>
>> Are the documents you are trying to open, ones that you created? or
>> created
>> by someone else?
>> You might check the permissions on them.
>>

>> "Isotta72" <Isotta72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news0A1DB61-BFA9-4DCD-8A60-F27431D93F3C@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new
>> > laptop)
>> > and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word documents the
>> > application crashed.
>> > I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the problem
>> > doesn't arise.
>> > Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

XS11E

Re: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
Isotta72 <Isotta72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new
> laptop) and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word
> documents the application crashed.
> I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the
> problem doesn't arise.
> Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?

I see you haven't received an answer, you might try reposting your
question to the newsgroup microsoft.public.office.misc as the experts
for Office hang out there and aren't usually in this group.

I hope someone there can help you.

You might also find it easier to use a newsreader rather than the
really awful web interface. You can configure Outlook Express as a
news reader or use a better one (there are several, both paid and
free.)

It will make finding groups, posting, searching, etc. much easier.

Isotta72

Re: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
Thanks, I'll try to have a look at the link you've given me and to disable
the grammar tool.

"Dave" wrote:

> a search on the web seems to indicate that it's a Italian grammar tool
> problem
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...525161033.aspx
>
> sorry I can't help you more.
>

> "Isotta72" <Isotta72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The documents are the ones I have created (using Word 2003 on another PC
> > with
> > Windows XP), and I've already tried to unistall and install again Office
> > 2003.
> > Unfortunately, it doesn't still work.
> > I can neither try to save the files using Word save command since they
> > crash
> > just after I open them. The error message told me there is a module named
> > MSGRIT32.DLL which has errors.
> >
> > It seems as if something happens when Word is run on Vista because the
> > same
> > installation of Office 2003 on Windows XP works fine.
> >
> > Thanks the same for the suggestion.
> >
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> >> I would uninstall it and re-install.
> >>
> >> Word 2003 works fine on my machine.
> >>
> >> Are the documents you are trying to open, ones that you created? or
> >> created
> >> by someone else?
> >> You might check the permissions on them.
> >>

> >> "Isotta72" <Isotta72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news0A1DB61-BFA9-4DCD-8A60-F27431D93F3C@microsoft.com...

Isotta72

Re: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
Thanks, I'll try to have a look to the other newsgroup.

"XS11E" wrote:

> Isotta72 <Isotta72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new
> > laptop) and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word
> > documents the application crashed.
> > I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the
> > problem doesn't arise.
> > Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?

> I see you haven't received an answer, you might try reposting your
> question to the newsgroup microsoft.public.office.misc as the experts
> for Office hang out there and aren't usually in this group.
>
> I hope someone there can help you.
>
> You might also find it easier to use a newsreader rather than the
> really awful web interface. You can configure Outlook Express as a
> news reader or use a better one (there are several, both paid and
> free.)
>
> It will make finding groups, posting, searching, etc. much easier.

> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

lodovico

RE: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
I've got the same problem. I wrote form italy. Do you finally have solved the
problem? Can you help me?
lodovico

"Isotta72" wrote:

> I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new laptop)
> and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word documents the
> application crashed.
> I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the problem
> doesn't arise.
> Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance

VAN

RE: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
Same problem for me, see the previous post...
Per Lodovico, fammi sapere se trovi una soluzione
ciao
van

"lodovico" wrote:

> I've got the same problem. I wrote form italy. Do you finally have solved the
> problem? Can you help me?
> lodovico
>
> "Isotta72" wrote:
>
> > I'm using Word 2003 SP2 under Windows Vista (preinstalled on a new laptop)
> > and, most of the time, every time I try to open Word documents the
> > application crashed.
> > I tried opening such documents on a Windows XP system and the problem
> > doesn't arise.
> > Is there anyone who can help me to resolve the problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Word 2003 crach under Windows Vista
Lodovico

You need to post this question on the groups that support the MS office
programs. Here is a link to that group.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...ic.office.misc

--

Ronnie Vernon