MSDN Product Keys

Gavin

MSDN Product Keys
Hi,

I have a computer that had a full set of Vista versions installed, and each
one Ghosted to a .GHO File.

The problem is the motheboard has now stopped working and I think that I may
have lost 5 MSDN keys as each one was activated,
Does anyone have a contact number for Microsoft ? I wish to contact them and
request my keys back if possible as I wish to install on a new Hardware
platform.

Thanks

Gav
Rick Rogers

Re: MSDN Product Keys
Hi Gavin,

MSDN Product Keys are generally good for 10 activations. If you run them
out, log into the MSDN site and go to the support center for contact
information for your location.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Gavin" <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news89C79AC-DF8B-4F47-AC52-C486393C45FB@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a computer that had a full set of Vista versions installed, and
> each
> one Ghosted to a .GHO File.
>
> The problem is the motheboard has now stopped working and I think that I
> may
> have lost 5 MSDN keys as each one was activated,
> Does anyone have a contact number for Microsoft ? I wish to contact them
> and
> request my keys back if possible as I wish to install on a new Hardware
> platform.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gav

Gavin

Re: MSDN Product Keys
Hi Rick

Thats one of the problems I have come across is where to find a contact
number for Microsoft.
Im from the United Kingdom.

Thanks for your help.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Gavin,
>
> MSDN Product Keys are generally good for 10 activations. If you run them
> out, log into the MSDN site and go to the support center for contact
> information for your location.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Gavin" <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news89C79AC-DF8B-4F47-AC52-C486393C45FB@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a computer that had a full set of Vista versions installed, and
> > each
> > one Ghosted to a .GHO File.
> >
> > The problem is the motheboard has now stopped working and I think that I
> > may
> > have lost 5 MSDN keys as each one was activated,
> > Does anyone have a contact number for Microsoft ? I wish to contact them
> > and
> > request my keys back if possible as I wish to install on a new Hardware
> > platform.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Gav

Kerry Brown

Re: MSDN Product Keys
Logon to MSDN. On the right hand side under My MSDN Subscription pick Online
Concierge Chat.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Gavin" <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news28C8C2C-4A42-46A3-AABA-E0136F59FF69@microsoft.com...
> Hi Rick
>
> Thats one of the problems I have come across is where to find a contact
> number for Microsoft.
> Im from the United Kingdom.
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Gavin,
>>
>> MSDN Product Keys are generally good for 10 activations. If you run them
>> out, log into the MSDN site and go to the support center for contact
>> information for your location.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Gavin" <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news89C79AC-DF8B-4F47-AC52-C486393C45FB@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a computer that had a full set of Vista versions installed, and
>> > each
>> > one Ghosted to a .GHO File.
>> >
>> > The problem is the motheboard has now stopped working and I think that
>> > may
>> > have lost 5 MSDN keys as each one was activated,
>> > Does anyone have a contact number for Microsoft ? I wish to contact
>> > them
>> > and
>> > request my keys back if possible as I wish to install on a new Hardware
>> > platform.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Gav

Richard Urban

Re: MSDN Product Keys
You go to the MSDN web site and "sign in". Then you go to subscriber
downloads. The option is there to get the product keys.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Gavin" <Gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news89C79AC-DF8B-4F47-AC52-C486393C45FB@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a computer that had a full set of Vista versions installed, and
> each
> one Ghosted to a .GHO File.
>
> The problem is the motheboard has now stopped working and I think that I
> may
> have lost 5 MSDN keys as each one was activated,
> Does anyone have a contact number for Microsoft ? I wish to contact them
> and
> request my keys back if possible as I wish to install on a new Hardware
> platform.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gav

XS11E

Re: MSDN Product Keys
"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You go to the MSDN web site and "sign in". Then you go to subscriber
> downloads. The option is there to get the product keys.

I don't know if I'm glad or sorry this came up, I downloaded all
available product keys, lost my HD (my own fault) and never thought
about it until I went into a panic when I saw this thread! The panic
was completely justified, I seem to no longer have the keys, nor am I a
member of the MSDN any longer.

Oh, well, easy come, easy go.... <SIGH> I do have hard copy keys for
most versions of Windows and Office, that should suffice.

Peter Foldes

Re: MSDN Product Keys
You can still get the keys if you were a former member. You need to call MSDN and talk to a live rep and explain. They will look up your account that you had and give you the keys that were posted at the time of your membership. I know I have done the same thing.

--
Peter

"XS11E" <xs11e@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:Xns99466C6A8E871xs11eyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You go to the MSDN web site and "sign in". Then you go to subscriber
>> downloads. The option is there to get the product keys.

> I don't know if I'm glad or sorry this came up, I downloaded all
> available product keys, lost my HD (my own fault) and never thought
> about it until I went into a panic when I saw this thread! The panic
> was completely justified, I seem to no longer have the keys, nor am I a
> member of the MSDN any longer.
>
> Oh, well, easy come, easy go.... <SIGH> I do have hard copy keys for
> most versions of Windows and Office, that should suffice.

> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

XS11E

Re: MSDN Product Keys
"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You can still get the keys if you were a former member. You need
> to call MSDN and talk to a live rep and explain. They will look up
> your account that you had and give you the keys that were posted
> at the time of your membership. I know I have done the same thing.

Really? That's GREAT to know, thanks! I would never have had the
nerve to try it.