Live One Care

Philip

Live One Care
I recently upgraded to Vista from XP. The upgrade went well--my DSL
connection fed information throughout the upgrade. No problem. Then
afterwards, I lost all connectivity to the Internet. After trying
everything, I call Microsoft--and learned the problem is that the firewall in
Live One Care cannot remain on while Vista's firewall is on. After turning
off the Live One Care firewall, I regained an Internet connection. But now
I'm getting error messages from Live One Care that my computer is at risk.
I'm assuming Vista firewall is protecting, but Live One Care is glowing red,
and warning me I'm at risk. I use Live One Care on 3 computers in my
household, all running XP with no problem. Why hasn't Microsoft addressed
this with an update in Live One Care for Vista users?
Chad Harris

Re: Live One Care--Turn on WOC Firewall and turn off Vista's
Hi Phillip--

Normally, the One Care firewall will turn off the Vista firewall by default,
and for good reason. You don't want to run two software firewalls at once
as an average user, because the settings for one can interfere with settings
for another.

However even if you forced on the Vista firewall with One Care's up and
running, it normally won't cause a problem with internet connectivity which
is what you implied. I put them both on while I typed this.

Turn off the Vista firewall by turning *ON THE ONE CARE FIREWALL and then
the red will go and the "at risk warning" will disappear and you will have
software firewall protection from One Care. Don't do what you did and turn
off the WOC firewall.

MSFT has addressed what you think is a problem if you'll do what I said.

Windows OneCare Firewall – Keepin’ it Green, Part I
http://windowsonecare.spaces.live.co...1141!523.entry

Also see:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsO...83525&SiteID=2

CH