Windows Vista Re-activation for the Hearing Impaired

NnagflaR

Windows Vista Re-activation for the Hearing Impaired
Unfortunately, some of us do not have the option of phoning big brother to
ask if it's OK for us to use our legitimate copy of Windows Vista. I am deaf
and need to re-activate my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium (retail) after
a hardware upgrade. Apparently, contacting Microsoft tech support via e-mail
will cost me. How do I side step this discrimination, anyone?
Rock

Re: Windows Vista Re-activation for the Hearing Impaired
"NnagflaR" wrote
> Unfortunately, some of us do not have the option of phoning big brother to
> ask if it's OK for us to use our legitimate copy of Windows Vista. I am
> deaf
> and need to re-activate my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium (retail)
> after
> a hardware upgrade. Apparently, contacting Microsoft tech support via
> e-mail
> will cost me. How do I side step this discrimination, anyone?

I found this reference.

Activate Windows using Microsoft Text Telephone
http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true

Another option might be to have a hearing person be there for the phone
call?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

NnagflaR

Re: Windows Vista Re-activation for the Hearing Impaired
Thanks for your help, but I do not have at TT/TTY phone. I guess I'm really
kinda confused as to why I have to do this for a piece of software that I
bought and paid for. Ubuntu doesn't make me ask for big brother's permission
when I want to reinstall. Oh, and it doesn't crash once a day either. Oh,
and it's free.

"Rock" wrote:

> "NnagflaR" wrote
> > Unfortunately, some of us do not have the option of phoning big brother to
> > ask if it's OK for us to use our legitimate copy of Windows Vista. I am
> > deaf
> > and need to re-activate my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium (retail)
> > after
> > a hardware upgrade. Apparently, contacting Microsoft tech support via
> > e-mail
> > will cost me. How do I side step this discrimination, anyone?

> I found this reference.
>
> Activate Windows using Microsoft Text Telephone
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true
>
> Another option might be to have a hearing person be there for the phone
> call?
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Windows Vista Re-activation for the Hearing Impaired
"NnagflaR" wrote
> Thanks for your help, but I do not have at TT/TTY phone. I guess I'm
> really
> kinda confused as to why I have to do this for a piece of software that I
> bought and paid for. Ubuntu doesn't make me ask for big brother's
> permission
> when I want to reinstall. Oh, and it doesn't crash once a day either.
> Oh,
> and it's free.

Then use Ubuntu. Otherwise those are the options for activation in Vista
(and XP), as far as I can tell. Good luck.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Windows Vista Re-activation for the Hearing Impaired
If you can only find reasons to use Ubuntu, by all means do so.
There is no one forcing anyone to use a particular operating system.

You can also return Vista as long as you have had it less than 45
days.
Very easy if you live in North America.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]