I am running Vista Business OS now since January this year. So far there are
goods things about Vista and there are definatelt bad things occurring that i
need help with.
My PC is Pentium 4, 3.06Ghz, 4G Ram, Nvidia 7600 Card, Creative Audigy ZS VE
External Sound Card.
I also have the following Storage Devices which worked fine with XP but
Vista cant seem to recognise these drives at all. I have un-installed drivers
and re-installed many times, ive done everything i can possibly think of
reading every forum site all over the world. Still getting no where.
1. 160GB Sata External USB Hard Drive
2. 400GB NAS Drive with USB Combo
3. 320GB External USB Hard Drive
4. 200GB External USB Hard Drive
basically whether these hard drives are connected via the LAN or via USB,
Vista doesnt recognise it, ie, when i go to my computer, they arent there.
Funnily enough, when i first hooked up the 200GB External Device, Vista
recognised it, but then vanished after a few weeks, what tha!. Have been
trying to sort this issue and others out since February, so you can imagine
- Secondly, for some reason, Vista doesnt recognise my HP Wireless 7410 All
in one Printer either, i can only print if its directly connected to my LAN,
this doesnt help my other 2 PC's that are connected to the LAN.
- Everytime i turn or re-boot my pc, all i keep getting is, please
re-install drivers, why arent these drivers saving themselves so it can stop
- My Creative Audigy 2 ZS VE card, is having major issues with Vista, dont
have full functionality, but am taking this up directly with Creative, which
let me tell you all is a full on challenge to say the least.
- Vista is also making it very hard for me to forward my ports on my linksys
WAG54G.v3 Gateway, this is also a major challenge, not sure what to do here
- When i extend my monitor to my 42" LG Plasma, this is very difficult to
do, plus the fact that my movie viewing pleasure is now crap because the
sound and picture are all out of sync, this mind you never occured with XP
Pro nor XP Media Center. Dont know what to do here either.
- Nero Burning, well where do i start with this one, sometimes it works and
other times i cant even open the software, this has been installed correctly
mind you. Its just that Vista sometimes does and sometimes doesnt allow me to
My Other PC which is running Vista Business too, isnt allowing Limewire to
work either, something to do with the firewall, but when i check firewall
settings, i have allowed for Limewire to go through, funnily enough, i have
the same settings on 2 different PC's. yet one is allowed to be used and the
other isnt. Go Figure.
- I am running Nortons Internet Security 2007 and Symantec Enterprise
Edition Security on all 3 PC's. On one PC i have the Vista firewall on and
the other i have it off (currently testing both ways), also using Windows
Defender on all the PC's.
Some one please help out with a solution. This is driving me insane to say
i can be emailed at the following email address.