Problems running Microsoft Office (Visual Basic origin?)

jj mac

Problems running Microsoft Office (Visual Basic origin?)

--About 6 weeks ago I purchased a new DELL computer running on VISTA premium.
I installed Microsoft WINWORD 97 and Excel 97 from original installation
disks.
I had no printer installed and both programs appeared to be working properly
except that in Excel when I try to save worksheets (created by a MACRO) I
get a message that the Document had not saved. However, if I then click with
he cursor on an open sheet and then click save again the Document is saved. A
minor inconvenience but not a problem really.

I installed a new HP PhotoSmart D7160 printer last week following which I
have encountered the following problems.

1 When I open Microsoft Winword I get a Microsoft Visual Basic message
“compile error in hidden module:AutoExecute. If I click on OK I can use the
program to create a file but it will not print.

2. When I click on Microsoft Excel shortcut, Microsoft Visual Basic opens
with two windows namely:
PDFWriter.xla-Auto Exec (code) and
PDFWriter.xla-Registration Database (code) A “compile error-can’t find
project or library” is displayed.

Clicking on the exit button stops the debugger - Excel opens and appears to
be functioning normally including the printing of files.

I have assumed that the problems which have arisen in the Microsoft Office
programs were created by the installation of the printer but I could be
wrong. At about the same time as I installed the printer I uninstalled
SKYPE.COM (a communication program) and in doing so I might have deleted some
shared files.
Any help with resolving these issues would be appreciated.
JJ MacA
Manuel B. Nonaca

Re: Problems running Microsoft Office (Visual Basic origin?)
Hello JJ,

It is my understanding there is a compatibility issues with office suites
older than 2000 but you might want to try and do an update to Office 97 with
Service Release 1 (SR-1). If this update do not work then I suggest buying
the latest version of Office 2007. If you are attending college you can see
if your school offers what is called 'Student Select' of MS Office Pro 2007
for $103 + Sh, if your school does not offer then try, www.journeyed.com
which also offers students a reduce rate but not as good as 'Student Select'
prices. Here is your link to MS Office 97 updates:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...226191033.aspx

Good Luck............

--
Manuel Nonaca