Used product key

product key

Used product key
My computer had compatibility issues with Vista. The Motherboard and sound
card were not compliant. So I changed the mother board and I got a larger
hard drive and of course the Ram and and just got a Direct X 10 compliant
graphics card. now I plug in the activation code and it says The product key
you typed is already in use. I just bought Vista mabe 2 months ago I have had
problems ever since and now that I upgraded my computer I cannot use it ?
Bruce Chambers

Re: Used product key
product key wrote:
> My computer had compatibility issues with Vista. The Motherboard and sound
> card were not compliant. So I changed the mother board and I got a larger
> hard drive and of course the Ram and and just got a Direct X 10 compliant
> graphics card. now I plug in the activation code and it says The product key
> you typed is already in use. I just bought Vista mabe 2 months ago I have had
> problems ever since and now that I upgraded my computer I cannot use it ?

If you can't activate via the Internet because it's been less than
120(?) days since you first activated Vista, simply follow the on-screen
instructions to activate via telephone. As long as you have a retail
license, there's nothing to stop you from transfering it as many times
as you like, just so long as it's only installed on one computer at a time.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Dustin Harper

Re: Used product key
Your product key was already in use: by you. You should have an option to
Activate by Phone. Select that, give Microsoft a call and they will get you
activated in about 5-6 minutes.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"product key" <product key@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer had compatibility issues with Vista. The Motherboard and sound
> card were not compliant. So I changed the mother board and I got a larger
> hard drive and of course the Ram and and just got a Direct X 10 compliant
> graphics card. now I plug in the activation code and it says The product
> key
> you typed is already in use. I just bought Vista mabe 2 months ago I have
> had
> problems ever since and now that I upgraded my computer I cannot use it ?

product key

Re: Used product key
where do I reregister? I cannot find the promt for vista register. It only
has a upgrade to vista prompt that I can find.
Can I install the 64 bit vista after I have installed the 32 bit one ? How
do I do that?

Thx JC

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Your product key was already in use: by you. You should have an option to
> Activate by Phone. Select that, give Microsoft a call and they will get you
> activated in about 5-6 minutes.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "product key" <product key@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer had compatibility issues with Vista. The Motherboard and sound
> > card were not compliant. So I changed the mother board and I got a larger
> > hard drive and of course the Ram and and just got a Direct X 10 compliant
> > graphics card. now I plug in the activation code and it says The product
> > key
> > you typed is already in use. I just bought Vista mabe 2 months ago I have
> > had
> > problems ever since and now that I upgraded my computer I cannot use it ?

product key

Re: Used product key
I tried the phone automated system several times and after repeating that 63
number code several times I get disconnected. I am a very busy person who
DOES NOT HAVE TIME for CRAP LIKE THIS. I paid good money and spent lots of
time on this. Do I need to buy another vista ? Or should I go back to XP
professional ? Or should I complain to my Congressman about how Microsoft has
almost a monopoly on computer systems and that this is the result of that.
Products that DO NOT WORK.

Thank-you

JC

"product key" wrote:

> where do I reregister? I cannot find the promt for vista register. It only
> has a upgrade to vista prompt that I can find.
> Can I install the 64 bit vista after I have installed the 32 bit one ? How
> do I do that?
>
> Thx JC
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
> > Your product key was already in use: by you. You should have an option to
> > Activate by Phone. Select that, give Microsoft a call and they will get you
> > activated in about 5-6 minutes.
> >
> > --
> > Dustin Harper
> > dharper@vistarip.com
> > http://www.vistarip.com
> >
> > --
> > "product key" <product key@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My computer had compatibility issues with Vista. The Motherboard and sound
> > > card were not compliant. So I changed the mother board and I got a larger
> > > hard drive and of course the Ram and and just got a Direct X 10 compliant
> > > graphics card. now I plug in the activation code and it says The product
> > > key
> > > you typed is already in use. I just bought Vista mabe 2 months ago I have
> > > had
> > > problems ever since and now that I upgraded my computer I cannot use it ?

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Used product key
Get somebody who has more patience to do it then..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Dustin Harper

Re: Used product key
I believe you can use the phone keypad to type in the 63 number code. I've
never been disconnected if it didn't accept the code, it just transfers me
to a rep.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"product key" <productkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried the phone automated system several times and after repeating that
>63
> number code several times I get disconnected. I am a very busy person who
> DOES NOT HAVE TIME for CRAP LIKE THIS. I paid good money and spent lots of
> time on this. Do I need to buy another vista ? Or should I go back to XP
> professional ? Or should I complain to my Congressman about how Microsoft
> has
> almost a monopoly on computer systems and that this is the result of that.
> Products that DO NOT WORK.
>
> Thank-you
>
> JC
>
> "product key" wrote:
>
>> where do I reregister? I cannot find the promt for vista register. It
>> only
>> has a upgrade to vista prompt that I can find.
>> Can I install the 64 bit vista after I have installed the 32 bit one ?
>> How
>> do I do that?
>>
>> Thx JC
>>
>> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>>
>> > Your product key was already in use: by you. You should have an option
>> > Activate by Phone. Select that, give Microsoft a call and they will get
>> > you
>> > activated in about 5-6 minutes.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Dustin Harper