Mass Storage Controller problem

Greg

Mass Storage Controller problem
Two months ago I bought a Gateway MT6828 notebook for my son. I was forced
to reinstall Vista Home Premium with the disk that came with the computer.
In Device Manager it shows - under "other devices" - that the "Mass Storage
Controller" is banged out.

Four Gateway techs could not give me and/or install the driver even after
taking remote control of the computer. Is there anyone in here who can help
me?

Thanks,
Greg

John Barnes

Re: Mass Storage Controller problem
You will need to find out what mass storage unit is not working and then get
the appropriate driver for it. It should have been on the Gateway disk that
came with the computer, but you may be able to download the proper drivers
from the Gateway support page for your machine.

"Greg" <abuse@msn.com> wrote in message
> Two months ago I bought a Gateway MT6828 notebook for my son. I was
> forced to reinstall Vista Home Premium with the disk that came with the
> computer. In Device Manager it shows - under "other devices" - that the
> "Mass Storage Controller" is banged out.
>
> Four Gateway techs could not give me and/or install the driver even after
> taking remote control of the computer. Is there anyone in here who can
> help me?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Greg

Re: Mass Storage Controller problem
As I said, four Gateway agents could not help me and the drivers they
downloaded would not work with Vista.

Greg

> You will need to find out what mass storage unit is not working and then
> get the appropriate driver for it. It should have been on the Gateway
> disk that came with the computer, but you may be able to download the
> proper drivers from the Gateway support page for your machine.
>
> "Greg" <abuse@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Two months ago I bought a Gateway MT6828 notebook for my son. I was
>> forced to reinstall Vista Home Premium with the disk that came with the
>> computer. In Device Manager it shows - under "other devices" - that the
>> "Mass Storage Controller" is banged out.
>>
>> Four Gateway techs could not give me and/or install the driver even after
>> taking remote control of the computer. Is there anyone in here who can
>> help me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg

John Barnes

Re: Mass Storage Controller problem
You don't have a lot of choices. You need the proper driver. If its under
warranty, you can return it for servicing if their restore disk fails to
give you a functioning product. What specific mass storage device isn't
working, maybe you can find one from the controller chipset manufacturer