Invalid product key from original Vista Ultimate CD

Dimitris

Invalid product key from original Vista Ultimate CD
Hello!

I had downloaded the 90-day trial (as an update on WinXP Pro) and used
Windows Vista Ultimate 23-bit without any problems. However, when the time to
actually purchase Windows Vista came, I was not very punctual with the
timing, and I ended up getting that annoying window after startup giving me
the options to active online, log-in with limited functionality, activate by
phone etc. I had tried to do all that but due to the fact that I cannot buy a
Product Key online from my country (Greece) for unknown reasons , I could
not activate by phone since after I called them and provided the installation
ID to the automated voice, I was told, to make a long story short, that I
could not active by phone either.

I ended up buying Windows Vista Ultimate 32-but from a retail shop. Thinking
that I could just enter the product key (from the re-enter your product key
option on the pop-up window at startup), and the product key was wrong- it
was mentioned that I was in use!

I tried booting with the CD, and it appears that I can install Windows Vista
that way, but as you know I would have to format my hard disk and loose
everything! Which I cannot afford by any means.

Which means - I cannot install Vista Ultimate from a Windows environment, my
product key for some reason does not seem to work, and the only way I can
install vista is by formatting my hard disk....nope, I'm not gonna do that!

Is there anybody that might shed some light on how I could resolve my
problem? Could I possible roll-back into WinXP (how?) without losing my
programs and data, and then install Vista from the CD? Any other possible
solutions?

Any help / answer to my post would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Dimitris

peter

Re: Invalid product key from original Vista Ultimate CD
You do not have to format .....you can install into the Vista directory
thats already there.........changing the product key during the
installation.
peter