Microsoft Greetings 2001 on Vista Home Premium

Fosbury

Microsoft Greetings 2001 on Vista Home Premium
I have tried to load the program Microsoft Greetings 2001 on a new HP with
VHP. I get the message: "MDAC was updated on your system. After your system
restarts, setup will continue Microsoft Greetings 2001." The machine shuts
down, restarts, but installation does not continue. It just goes through the
beginning of the install process again and installs MDAC again. How do I
install it?

--
Fosbury
John Inzer

Re: Microsoft Greetings 2001 on Vista Home Premium
Fosbury wrote:
> I have tried to load the program Microsoft Greetings 2001 on a new HP
> with VHP. I get the message: "MDAC was updated on your system. After
> your system restarts, setup will continue Microsoft Greetings 2001."
> The machine shuts down, restarts, but installation does not continue.
> It just goes through the beginning of the install process again and
> installs MDAC again. How do I install it?

===============================
There's a slim chance that the following
article will offer some ideas but the 2001
version of MS Picture It! which has similar
characteristics to Greetings will install but
will not run. I suspect you need a more
current program for use on Vista.

(931362) How to troubleshoot a program that
does not run as expected after it is installed
on Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931362/en-us

If you have any success running Greetings
2001 on Vista, please update this thread.

There is an alternative...if you happen to
have a full version of Windows XP available,
you could install it in a Virtual Machine on
your Vista system and run Greetings 2001
there.

Here's some info:

Using Microsoft Virtual PC 2007
for Application Compatibility
http://tinyurl.com/2tq2ja
(the Compatibility White Paper
that can be downloaded from this
page is very informative)

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007
http://tinyurl.com/2jr7a7

Use Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to
run multiple operating systems at
the same time on the same physical
computer.
http://tinyurl.com/387goe

Download the full version of Microsoft
Virtual PC 2007
http://tinyurl.com/287fx8

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Fosbury

Re: Microsoft Greetings 2001 on Vista Home Premium
Thans, but this link is not what I need: "How to troubleshoot a program that
does not run as expected after it is installed on Windows Vista."

My problem is that I can't install it at all on my new HP let alone run it.

Microsoft has not made an updated version of this progam which I consider
the best greeting card program available-drat!
--
Fosbury

Fosbury wrote:
> Thans, but this link is not what I need: "How to troubleshoot a
> program that does not run as expected after it is installed on
> Windows Vista."
>
> My problem is that I can't install it at all on my new HP let alone
> run it.
>
> Microsoft has not made an updated version of this progam which I
> consider the best greeting card program available-drat!

=====================================
Well...that's really my point...the program is not
compatible with Vista. If you ever manage to run
it successfully I would certainly like to know how
so I could share the info with others.

Maybe running the program in a Virtual Machine
would be worth a try.

Good luck.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Seattle-Iowan

Re: Microsoft Greetings 2001 on Vista Home Premium
Thanks, I appreciate your efforts-I don't think the work-around will be an
option for me. I only have XP professional upgrade. I appreciate your trying
to help. I hope Microsoft fixes the problem with the installation some day.
As I said, it is a great program.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Fosbury wrote:
> > Thans, but this link is not what I need: "How to troubleshoot a
> > program that does not run as expected after it is installed on
> > Windows Vista."
> >
> > My problem is that I can't install it at all on my new HP let alone
> > run it.
> >
> > Microsoft has not made an updated version of this progam which I
> > consider the best greeting card program available-drat!

> =====================================
> Well...that's really my point...the program is not
> compatible with Vista. If you ever manage to run
> it successfully I would certainly like to know how
> so I could share the info with others.
>
> Maybe running the program in a Virtual Machine
> would be worth a try.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Seattle-gianeen

Re: Microsoft Greetings 2001 on Vista Home Premium
I will be watching these messages very closely. I also have Microsoft
Greetings 2001 which is a great program and I I love it!!!! others don't
even come close for ease of use. I'm having the exact same trbl as orginal
poster Fosbury trying to load on my new Vista hp. HELP MICROSOFT!!!