Vista RC 1

Mr Health Care

Vista RC 1
I installled RC 1, having no idea that it would expire today. I want to
upgrade to the real Vista Ultimate. I bought it online and as it down loads
from the digital locker an Error message appears and stops the down load. In
my defense, I am in health care and should not be allowed, as you and other
computer people shouldn't be allowed to mess with medications or needles
around sick people, to mess with computers, however i am stuck real bad. Up
all night trying to get this thing (Vista Ultimate) loaded. Help! Y am I
using VU, well a nice freind, a programer, turned me on to it, and late at
night, i put it on my lap top. Now here I am, up all night trying to solve
this.....

I have a product key for a new VU, can I just up load that and be done?

One more thing, for some reason, nearly all my hard drive is occupied, 69.5
G, on my Sony VIAO.
Michael Solomon

Re: Vista RC 1

"Mr Health Care" <Mr Health Care@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installled RC 1, having no idea that it would expire today. I want to
> upgrade to the real Vista Ultimate. I bought it online and as it down
> loads
> from the digital locker an Error message appears and stops the down load.
> In
> my defense, I am in health care and should not be allowed, as you and
> other
> computer people shouldn't be allowed to mess with medications or needles
> around sick people, to mess with computers, however i am stuck real bad.
> Up
> all night trying to get this thing (Vista Ultimate) loaded. Help! Y am I
> using VU, well a nice freind, a programer, turned me on to it, and late at
> night, i put it on my lap top. Now here I am, up all night trying to
> solve
> this.....
>
> I have a product key for a new VU, can I just up load that and be done?
>
> One more thing, for some reason, nearly all my hard drive is occupied,
> 69.5
> G, on my Sony VIAO.

Were you simply downloading the file in order to burn it to a DVD and
install from that media or were you doing an online install. If an online
install, try downloading again but bring the file into your system. It
comes in as an ISO file. Then, if you have Nero or Roxio Easy Media
Creator, they both have options to burn a disk from an image file or ISO.
Do so, then run setup from that disk rather than doing an online setup.
--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend

David B.

Re: Vista RC 1
You do realize you cannot use the upgrade to install over your RC1 and save
all your settings and apps as an RC is not a qualifying product for the
upgrade?

--

----