BSOD IRQL not less than or equal

Craig Sawyer

BSOD IRQL not less than or equal
Hi all looking for an answer to my prayers.

I built a new system

Thermaltake 770w
Asus p5n32-e
2 1gig corsair 80mhz ram
2 lg 18x DVD rw
2 Seagate barracuda 320 gig drives
BFG 8600gts
Intel core duo 2.4

I have been trying to get system up for several weeks now. Tried windows
vista home premium first. Will always make it as far as extracting files but
will some times BSOD before its done... no re-occuring percent or time. I
Have made it through the install once and was able to update and reboot
several times loading new drivers and software, until it started rebooting
and hanging on the desktop after login. Ever since then no luck with
install. No stability at all. I tried an old copy of 98 and it failed to
launch windows after install stating could not locate memory or insufficient
memory. Tried xp home sp2 tonight and had no problem until launching after
setup went back to BSOD with IRQL not less than or equal. This seems to be
the most common BSOD error but have seen man others including bad pool header
several times. I have tried bare minimum boots, I have the newwest bios and
have seen message boards where others claim the MB works running vista. I
have the newest raid drivers and load those specifically before installs and
still nothing good happens. I have tried single drive loads and would prefer
a striping raid. I have tried different cables and different SATA ports.
Tried different memory ports.

The one really odd thing that gets me is that once I got through the vista
install It would work for random stints of time all less than an hour, but in
safe mode it was stable... can't get back there but it leads me to believe a
driver problem....

Please help
Craig Sawyer
Kerry Brown