Not geuine?

jdrakeh

Not geuine?
When I booted up my PC (Windows Vista Home Premium) this morning, the Lenovo
recovery wizard immediately started. I exited the wizard and re-booted
Windows to see what prompted it. . . and got an error message that my Windows
Vista was not genuine. This troubles me, as I paid a multi-million dollar
corporation known nationwide (Office Max) to pre-install it on the PC.

I went through the steps to have Windows re-activated over the phone, which
it was. I still have a "not genuine" error message in the bottom right-hand
corner of my desktop. Further, the web-based Microsoft authenticator verifies
that my installation *is* genuine. . . but for some reason, Vista can't
authenticate itself system-side.

This seems like a fairly major glitch, as it will (undoubtedly) continue
forcing me to re-activate my copy of Vista every few days, while
simultaneously not resolving the authenticity issue system-side. Which will
drive me insane (and interefere with day to day business here).

Please, somebody tell me that there is a solution for this bug!
Columbo

Re: Not geuine?
It just might be time to do a reload. Sometimes it is better to start over
than to mess with the problem for days on end. Make sure your data is
backed up then do a clean install. Yes you will have to reactivate again by
phone, but hopefully the new install will solve the problem.

"jdrakeh" <jdrakeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I booted up my PC (Windows Vista Home Premium) this morning, the
> Lenovo
> recovery wizard immediately started. I exited the wizard and re-booted
> Windows to see what prompted it. . . and got an error message that my
> Windows
> Vista was not genuine. This troubles me, as I paid a multi-million dollar
> corporation known nationwide (Office Max) to pre-install it on the PC.
>
> I went through the steps to have Windows re-activated over the phone,
> which
> it was. I still have a "not genuine" error message in the bottom
> right-hand
> corner of my desktop. Further, the web-based Microsoft authenticator
> verifies
> that my installation *is* genuine. . . but for some reason, Vista can't
> authenticate itself system-side.
>
> This seems like a fairly major glitch, as it will (undoubtedly) continue
> forcing me to re-activate my copy of Vista every few days, while
> simultaneously not resolving the authenticity issue system-side. Which
> will
> drive me insane (and interefere with day to day business here).
>
> Please, somebody tell me that there is a solution for this bug!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Not geuine?
Sounds like the recovery wizard threw a monkey wrench in the works.
Microaoft maintains free forums specifically for WGA issues. Here is the
URL.

WGA Forums:
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...aspx?SiteID=25

--