Dual Operating System

H Shah

Dual Operating System
I have a toshiba laptop with vista home premium preinstalled on it. I would
like to install windows 2003 or Xp as another os. I have already created
second partition. I tried installing win2003 with bootable cd but after it
installed on other partitioned space, after reboot it did not gave me the
option of selecting operating system. Pls. help.
John Barnett MVP

Re: Dual Operating System
take a look at this link from my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/install...ning_vista.htm

The title of the article refers to XP but the same principle applies with
Windows 2003

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"H Shah" <HShah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a toshiba laptop with vista home premium preinstalled on it. I would
> like to install windows 2003 or Xp as another os. I have already created
> second partition. I tried installing win2003 with bootable cd but after it
> installed on other partitioned space, after reboot it did not gave me the
> option of selecting operating system. Pls. help.

H Shah

Re: Dual Operating System
Thanks John for this great help! I will try this out and revert for any
doubts!!

Hemal

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> take a look at this link from my website:
> http://vistasupport.mvps.org/install...ning_vista.htm
>
> The title of the article refers to XP but the same principle applies with
> Windows 2003
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>
> "H Shah" <HShah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a toshiba laptop with vista home premium preinstalled on it. I would
> > like to install windows 2003 or Xp as another os. I have already created
> > second partition. I tried installing win2003 with bootable cd but after it
> > installed on other partitioned space, after reboot it did not gave me the
> > option of selecting operating system. Pls. help.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Dual Operating System
you're welcome