Windows VBscript 5.6

DC

Windows VBscript 5.6
I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New
scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6
because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft
and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for
Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP
cause any problems for Vista?
--
DC
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6
Hi DC,

Windows Vista already includes the latest version of scripting runtimes. Perhaps you may need to register it once, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

Type the following command and press ENTER:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

--
Regards,

"DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91289649-3988-43AB-A4BE-1274B17CB485@microsoft.com...
I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New
scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6
because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft
and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for
Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP
cause any problems for Vista?
--
DC
DC

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6
Your answer was right on. Took two seconds to do and was able to load the
updated HP program. Funny thing that HP personnel did not know this simple
fix.
Thanks again.
--
DC

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi DC,
>
> Windows Vista already includes the latest version of scripting runtimes. Perhaps you may need to register it once, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
>
> Type the following command and press ENTER:
>
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>

> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91289649-3988-43AB-A4BE-1274B17CB485@microsoft.com...
> I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New
> scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6
> because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft
> and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for
> Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP
> cause any problems for Vista?
> --
> DC

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6
You're welcome DC.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi DC,
>
> Windows Vista already includes the latest version of scripting runtimes. Perhaps you may need to register it once, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
>
> Type the following command and press ENTER:
>
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>

> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91289649-3988-43AB-A4BE-1274B17CB485@microsoft.com...
> I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New
> scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6
> because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft
> and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for
> Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP
> cause any problems for Vista?
> --
> DC

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6
BTW, the HP support site mentions the solution.

HP - 'Fatal Error 2738' Message Displays in Windows Vista During Installation - c01016940:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reg_R1002_USEN

--

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi DC,
>
> Windows Vista already includes the latest version of scripting runtimes. Perhaps you may need to register it once, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
>
> Type the following command and press ENTER:
>
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>

> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91289649-3988-43AB-A4BE-1274B17CB485@microsoft.com...
> I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New
> scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6
> because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft
> and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for
> Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP
> cause any problems for Vista?
> --
> DC

Abhijit

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6
Hi Ramesh
We are very thankful to you for the advice posted by you here. We had been
looking for a solution to this problem for over five hours without any luck
untill we came across this post. Thank you very much for your help. Keep up
the good work!
Thanks
Abhijit

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi DC,
>
> Windows Vista already includes the latest version of scripting runtimes. Perhaps you may need to register it once, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
>
> Type the following command and press ENTER:
>
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>

> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91289649-3988-43AB-A4BE-1274B17CB485@microsoft.com...
> I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New
> scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6
> because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft
> and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for
> Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP
> cause any problems for Vista?
> --
> DC

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6
You're welcome, Abhijit.
Thanks for the feedback!

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi DC,
>
> Windows Vista already includes the latest version of scripting runtimes. Perhaps you may need to register it once, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
>
> Type the following command and press ENTER:
>
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>

> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6
Can I install Windows Script 5.6 in Windows Vista?:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blogs/5...ows-Vista.html

--

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi DC,
>
> Windows Vista already includes the latest version of scripting runtimes. Perhaps you may need to register it once, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
>
> Type the following command and press ENTER:
>
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>

> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91289649-3988-43AB-A4BE-1274B17CB485@microsoft.com...
> I had a problem loading a HP compatability file for VISTA, for my New
> scanner, the HP Technical person suggested I download Windows VBScript 5.6
> because of the error code 2738. The instruction stated to go to Microsoft
> and download this file for your computer. Their is not a VBScript 5.6 for
> Vista only for XP, 2000, 98 and the like. Will downloading the file for XP
> cause any problems for Vista?
> --
> DC

Gardenia

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6

Hello!

I attempted to enter the above command and received the following error
code.
0x80004005 The module was loaded but the call has dllserver failed with
error code.
Any ideas? They are much appreciated! Thanks.

--
Gardenia
Peter Foldes

Re: Windows VBscript 5.6