removal of vista

chuck46228

removal of vista
Trying to remove the option of selection of vista or xp from startup menu.
How do I unistall it. msconfig doen't give me the option
John Barnett MVP

Re: removal of vista
You would normally use BCDedit from an elevated command prompt but, as
BCDedit isn't the most user friendly, I would suggest you download the free
copy of VistaBootPro (www.vistabootpro.org). Install the application then
run it. When VistaBootPro opens click on the 'manage OS entries tab.
Highlight the operating system entry you want to remove and then click the
red X button. finally click Apply and then close VistaBootPro. When you
reboot the boot menu should have disappeared and you should boot directly to
Vista.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"chuck46228" <chuck46228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news3684B41-41B7-4DA6-8BC0-7C1B8B8FEEF3@microsoft.com...
> Trying to remove the option of selection of vista or xp from startup menu.
> How do I unistall it. msconfig doen't give me the option

...winston

Re: removal of vista
If the plan is to remove Vista(the op wasn't clear which o/s) then should not the Bootloader option in VistaBoot Pro be used(Bootloader/Uninstall Bootloader return to legacy o/s).

Additionally if something goes wrong, a repair using the XP CD may be necessary.

...winston

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:OYXVFItoHHA.4512@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
: You would normally use BCDedit from an elevated command prompt but, as
: BCDedit isn't the most user friendly, I would suggest you download the free
: copy of VistaBootPro (www.vistabootpro.org). Install the application then
: run it. When VistaBootPro opens click on the 'manage OS entries tab.
: Highlight the operating system entry you want to remove and then click the
: red X button. finally click Apply and then close VistaBootPro. When you
: reboot the boot menu should have disappeared and you should boot directly to
: Vista.
:
: --
: John Barnett MVP
: Associate Expert
: Windows - Shell/User
:
: Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
: Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
:
: The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
: kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
: reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
: any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
: use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
: mail/post..
:
: "chuck46228" <chuck46228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: news3684B41-41B7-4DA6-8BC0-7C1B8B8FEEF3@microsoft.com...
: > Trying to remove the option of selection of vista or xp from startup menu.
: > How do I unistall it. msconfig doen't give me the option
:
John Barnett MVP

Re: removal of vista
My understanding is that he wishes to remove the entry for XP. I agree if he
wishes to remove Vista then the VistaBootPro bootloader option should be
used.

--

"...winston" <merlin@druid9#.com> wrote in message
[...]

Hopefully, the op clicked the correct option.
....w

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:%23gjmCb5oHHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
[...]
:: Vista.
::