Can't activate after reinstallation of Vista

hminh87

Can't activate after reinstallation of Vista
The activation say the product key is already in use and I have to get
another one.
As far as I know I haven't changed a single hardware in my PC. MY PC
hardware ID should be exactly the same as in MS database.
It's an OEM license came along with my PC.
What can I do to solve this problem? Who can I contact?
BigJim

Re: Can't activate after reinstallation of Vista
you probably need to do a phone activation
"hminh87" <hminh87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The activation say the product key is already in use and I have to get
> another one.
> As far as I know I haven't changed a single hardware in my PC. MY PC
> hardware ID should be exactly the same as in MS database.
> It's an OEM license came along with my PC.
> What can I do to solve this problem? Who can I contact?

hminh87

Re: Can't activate after reinstallation of Vista
The phone activation says my installation ID can't be recorgnized and
reffered me to a support person. I waited a while but none answered so I
disconnected. I will do it again, though. Can the support person help me
activate my windows?
"BigJim" wrote:

> you probably need to do a phone activation
> "hminh87" <hminh87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The activation say the product key is already in use and I have to get
> > another one.
> > As far as I know I haven't changed a single hardware in my PC. MY PC
> > hardware ID should be exactly the same as in MS database.
> > It's an OEM license came along with my PC.
> > What can I do to solve this problem? Who can I contact?

Mike Brannigan

> The phone activation says my installation ID can't be recorgnized and
> reffered me to a support person. I waited a while but none answered so I
> disconnected. I will do it again, though. Can the support person help me
> activate my windows?

Yes - just stay on the line they will pick up and walk you through it.

--

Mike Brannigan