New laptop with Vista

Sher

New laptop with Vista
Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista? This is the WORST OS
I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but trouble since I bought it.
Bill Gates needs to be taken to task for releasing this bug ridden piece of
crap before it was ready. I guess the allmighty dollar wins again.
XS11E

Re: New laptop with Vista
Sher <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista? This is
> the WORST OS I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but
> trouble since I bought it. Bill Gates needs to be taken to task
> for releasing this bug ridden piece of crap before it was ready. I
> guess the allmighty dollar wins again.

Why not learn to use it instead of whining about it? Vista works very
nicely for most, if you're having problems ask for help here or take it
back where you bought it and ask them for help.

pvdg42

Re: New laptop with Vista
"Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA093DDE-8EC0-45CE-84E2-5BC607355425@microsoft.com...
> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista? This is the WORST
> OS
> I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but trouble since I bought it.
> Bill Gates needs to be taken to task for releasing this bug ridden piece
> of
> crap before it was ready. I guess the allmighty dollar wins again.

Yes you can.
You might want to check with your laptop manufacturer to see what (if any)
effect changing the OS will have on your warranty.
You might also consider posting some specifics here, and getting assistance
with your issues.

AJR

Re: New laptop with Vista
Sher - when XP was first introduced you were immediately familiar nad
comfortable with it and had no difficulties right (yeh - sure you did!).?

I have repeated the following several times - check the newsgroup
"microsoft.public.windowsxp.general" and note that there are as many, if not
more, problem posts for XP as the Vista newsgroup.

Is it possible most problems are not due to the OS?

"Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA093DDE-8EC0-45CE-84E2-5BC607355425@microsoft.com...
> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista? This is the WORST
> OS
> I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but trouble since I bought it.
> Bill Gates needs to be taken to task for releasing this bug ridden piece
> of
> crap before it was ready. I guess the allmighty dollar wins again.

Joey DoWop Dee

Re: New laptop with Vista
On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:45:01 -0400, Sher wrote:

> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista? This is the WORST OS
> I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but trouble since I bought it.
> Bill Gates needs to be taken to task for releasing this bug ridden piece of
> crap before it was ready. I guess the allmighty dollar wins again.

Can I ask you a question?

I don't use Vista currently, but it's inevitable, and in lot of ways I'm
looking forward to it, when it stabilizes.

It sounds like you haven't used it all that long. Your post doesn't list any
specific problems, so I'm wondering if a big part of your dissatisfaction
might be just from things being different than XP.

I know that can be frustrating --- Vista is showing up more and more on my
clients' PCs, and I bite my tongue a lot while trying to get things done for
them, but so far I've been able to sort most everything out. Inevitably, when
a client of mine has upgraded to Vista from XP, they tend to have more
"complaints" because of the new and different interface. OTOH, those clients
who get Vista as their first OS don't have these complaints.

So my question, finally, is this: Do you think that if you used it more and
got used to its "new" (maybe not necessarily "better" but "different")
features and ways of accessing your stuff, that you'd end up liking it?

BTW, I still like XP a lot and really have no need to upgrade right now, but
I know I'll WANT Vista sooner or later. Along with my Mac notebook and my
desktop running Ubuntu. They're all good (and bad) in their own ways.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

AJR

Re: New laptop with Vista
Joey - very good reply!

"Joey DoWop Dee" <jwd511@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:0001HW.C280D360004EC583F0182648@news.verizon. net...
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:45:01 -0400, Sher wrote:
>
>> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista? This is the WORST
>> OS
>> I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but trouble since I bought
>> it.
>> Bill Gates needs to be taken to task for releasing this bug ridden piece
>> of
>> crap before it was ready. I guess the allmighty dollar wins again.

> Can I ask you a question?
>
> I don't use Vista currently, but it's inevitable, and in lot of ways I'm
> looking forward to it, when it stabilizes.
>
> It sounds like you haven't used it all that long. Your post doesn't list
> any
> specific problems, so I'm wondering if a big part of your dissatisfaction
> might be just from things being different than XP.
>
> I know that can be frustrating --- Vista is showing up more and more on my
> clients' PCs, and I bite my tongue a lot while trying to get things done
> for
> them, but so far I've been able to sort most everything out. Inevitably,
> when
> a client of mine has upgraded to Vista from XP, they tend to have more
> "complaints" because of the new and different interface. OTOH, those
> clients
> who get Vista as their first OS don't have these complaints.
>
> So my question, finally, is this: Do you think that if you used it more
> and
> got used to its "new" (maybe not necessarily "better" but "different")
> features and ways of accessing your stuff, that you'd end up liking it?
>
> BTW, I still like XP a lot and really have no need to upgrade right now,
> but
> I know I'll WANT Vista sooner or later. Along with my Mac notebook and my
> desktop running Ubuntu. They're all good (and bad) in their own ways.
>
> --
> Joey DoWop Dee
> Remember: It is To Laugh

Jerry McBride

Re: New laptop with Vista
Sher wrote:

> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista? This is the WORST
> OS I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but trouble since I bought
> it. Bill Gates needs to be taken to task for releasing this bug ridden
> piece of crap before it was ready. I guess the allmighty dollar wins
> again.

Probably not. The best thing to do is check for windowsxp drivers first.
What's going on is... the hardware is tweaked to the point of requireing
new drivers, only available for Vista. It's getting more common place as
time goes on.

The other thing you can try, download a copy of PCLINUXOS 2007 and give that
a try... You'll be quite surprised.

--

Jerry McBride
Paul Smith

Re: New laptop with Vista
"Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA093DDE-8EC0-45CE-84E2-5BC607355425@microsoft.com...
> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista?

Short answer: may be. Long answer: Assuming the laptop has compatible
hardware for Windows XP, yes. It may however void any support from the
manufacturer.

> This is the WORST OS
> I have ever worked with! I have had nothing but trouble since I bought it.

My experiences on several machines are quite the opposite. Windows XP had
far more issues on launch.

> Bill Gates needs to be taken to task for releasing this bug ridden piece
> of
> crap before it was ready. I guess the allmighty dollar wins again.

The market works even less well when people blame the wrong party for the
problems. Refund your laptop and get one that does work. Not all
manufacturers are equal, some bloat the thing out with endless amounts of
completely un nessasary software, which is often notoriously problematic.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

huwyngr

Re: New laptop with Vista
In article <DA093DDE-8EC0-45CE-84E2-5BC607355425@microsoft.com>, Sher
wrote:

> Can I install XP on my new laptop that came with Vista?

Don't try it without making absolutely sure that you can get from the
manufacturer's website every driver and utility you need that is
specific to your model of laptop (what make and model is it?) since
many manufacturers are not supplying XP files for models delivered with
VISTA.

You may be lucky and find a similar model with XP and the files and
have those files work on your hardware but you can't rely on it.

As others have said -- concentrate on getting to know how to run VISTA
.... or return the laptop and buy one with XP on it. They do exist.