I am getting ready to upgrade to Vista and running the "Advisor"..

Dserban

I am getting ready to upgrade to Vista and running the "Advisor"..
I keep getting an incompatible software that I am suppose to uninstall before
upgrade.
The problem is I cannot find this program anywhere on my system.
It is Sonic.slo.bump.

How do I get around this?
Thank you.
Malke

Re: I am getting ready to upgrade to Vista and running the "Advisor"..
Dserban wrote:
> I keep getting an incompatible software that I am suppose to uninstall before
> upgrade.
> The problem is I cannot find this program anywhere on my system.
> It is Sonic.slo.bump.
>
> How do I get around this?

That name doesn't sound right. Roxio is Sonic's consumer division so you
could uninstall all your Roxio (cd/dvd burning) programs and that would
probably do it.

Be smart - make sure that there are Vista drivers for all your hardware
- inside and outside your computer. Printers, mice, scanners, special
keyboards, motherboard, sound card, video card, webcam, etc. Do this
*before* you plunge into an upgrade and then come back here being sad
that your multimedia keyboard doesn't work in Vista.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Dserban

Re: I am getting ready to upgrade to Vista and running the "Adviso
Thank you Malke. According with the advisor, all the hardware should work.
This Sonic thing is the only problem so far.

Dserban wrote:
> Thank you Malke. According with the advisor, all the hardware should work.
> This Sonic thing is the only problem so far.

You're very welcome but my point - and I probably didn't express myself
clearly enough - was that you should not rely alone on the Upgrade
Advisor. It is not infallible. Take the time to go to hardware mftrs.'
websites and make sure drivers are really available. Take the time to go
to software mftrs.' websites and do the same.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Dserban

Re: I am getting ready to upgrade to Vista and running the "Adviso
I tried to go to Sonic to find out more but there is nothing there. I even
delete the only registration entry I could find about Sonic (after I deleted
all Sonic software) but I keep getting the same message from the advisor.

I guess I am going to try a clean upgrade.

Dserban wrote:
> I tried to go to Sonic to find out more but there is nothing there. I even
> delete the only registration entry I could find about Sonic (after I deleted
> all Sonic software) but I keep getting the same message from the advisor.
>
> I guess I am going to try a clean upgrade.

Probably that is your best course of action then. Good luck.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
joseph2k

Dserban wrote:

> I tried to go to Sonic to find out more but there is nothing there. I even
> delete the only registration entry I could find about Sonic (after I
> deleted all Sonic software) but I keep getting the same message from the
> advisor.
>
> I guess I am going to try a clean upgrade.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> Dserban wrote:
>> > Thank you Malke. According with the advisor, all the hardware should
>> > work. This Sonic thing is the only problem so far.

>> You're very welcome but my point - and I probably didn't express myself
>> clearly enough - was that you should not rely alone on the Upgrade
>> Advisor. It is not infallible. Take the time to go to hardware mftrs.'
>> websites and make sure drivers are really available. Take the time to go
>> to software mftrs.' websites and do the same.
>>

>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Have you run a good variety / battery of spyware / adware / virus / malware
detectors? No one of them detects them all.
--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.┬*┬*