How to overcome the impossible

Zygy

How to overcome the impossible
I am having a new PC with Windows Vista delivered tomorrow. One of the first
actions I want to take is to install on it connection to my existing
Broadband via a Router. The ISP has produced a driver for Windows Vista,
which I downloaded onto my other PC, but I see that the downloaded driver is
Zipped up. Can anyone advise me how to install this Zipped up driver on the
new PC, which will not have access to the internet to download a WinZip to
unzip it?

Richard Urban

Re: How to overcome the impossible
Windows Vista has built-in zip capability. Just copy the file over to your
new computer. Then open the zip file.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Zygy" <zygy@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am having a new PC with Windows Vista delivered tomorrow. One of the
>first actions I want to take is to install on it connection to my existing
>Broadband via a Router. The ISP has produced a driver for Windows Vista,
>which I downloaded onto my other PC, but I see that the downloaded driver
>is Zipped up. Can anyone advise me how to install this Zipped up driver on
>the new PC, which will not have access to the internet to download a WinZip
>to unzip it?

Zygy

Re: How to overcome the impossible
You have made my day! Many thanks.
> Windows Vista has built-in zip capability. Just copy the file over to your
> new computer. Then open the zip file.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Zygy" <zygy@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I am having a new PC with Windows Vista delivered tomorrow. One of the
>>first actions I want to take is to install on it connection to my existing
>>Broadband via a Router. The ISP has produced a driver for Windows Vista,
>>which I downloaded onto my other PC, but I see that the downloaded driver
>>is Zipped up. Can anyone advise me how to install this Zipped up driver on
>>the new PC, which will not have access to the internet to download a
>>WinZip to unzip it?

Conor

Re: How to overcome the impossible
In article <u3DT7yPoHHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Zygy says...
> I am having a new PC with Windows Vista delivered tomorrow. One of the first
> actions I want to take is to install on it connection to my existing
> Broadband via a Router. The ISP has produced a driver for Windows Vista,
> which I downloaded onto my other PC, but I see that the downloaded driver is
> Zipped up. Can anyone advise me how to install this Zipped up driver on the
> new PC, which will not have access to the internet to download a WinZip to
> unzip it?

You don't need drivers to use a Router. Vista supports ZIP files
natively.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Paul Smith

Re: How to overcome the impossible
If this is an Ethernet router that is already setup, just plug it into the
machine. Assuming the router has DHCP enabled Vista will pick up all the
settings automatically.

Failing that however Windows Vista does natively support zip.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

"Zygy" <zygy@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am having a new PC with Windows Vista delivered tomorrow. One of the
>first actions I want to take is to install on it connection to my existing
>Broadband via a Router. The ISP has produced a driver for Windows Vista,
>which I downloaded onto my other PC, but I see that the downloaded driver
>is Zipped up. Can anyone advise me how to install this Zipped up driver on
>the new PC, which will not have access to the internet to download a WinZip
>to unzip it?

Michael Gossett

Re: How to overcome the impossible
Zip has been natively supported since Windows ME if I recall...XP for sure