Bios Setting

Turki Ben Sumih

Bios Setting
Dears,
I have Vista OS and i've been trying to access the BIOS settings to change
boot start to be booted from the CD but unable . my laptop is Dell and when
the lap top starts i press Delete but it gives me to select the operating
system i can not access the BIOS? so could you please help me to change the
BIOS Setting ?
--
PMO Spe******t
Richard G. Harper

Re: Bios Setting
Check your Dell's manual and/or the support website - on my HP laptop the
Del key does nothing, it's F10 to get into BIOS setup.

"Turki Ben Sumih" <TurkiBenSumih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dears,
> I have Vista OS and i've been trying to access the BIOS settings to change
> boot start to be booted from the CD but unable . my laptop is Dell and
> when
> the lap top starts i press Delete but it gives me to select the operating
> system i can not access the BIOS? so could you please help me to change
> the
> BIOS Setting ?
> --
> PMO Spe******t

Mr. Arnold

Re: Bios Setting

> Check your Dell's manual and/or the support website - on my HP laptop the
> Del key does nothing, it's F10 to get into BIOS setup.

On my HP laptop, it's the ESC-key to get into BIOS setup. On the Compaq
laptop that I had, I had to call them to find out what the key was, and it
was F10 for BIOS setup.

Malke

Re: Bios Setting
Turki Ben Sumih wrote:
> Dears,
> I have Vista OS and i've been trying to access the BIOS settings to change
> boot start to be booted from the CD but unable . my laptop is Dell and when
> the lap top starts i press Delete but it gives me to select the operating
> system i can not access the BIOS? so could you please help me to change the
> BIOS Setting ?

This is where reading the fine manual would have helped you. Most Dells
use F2 to enter Setup and F12 to change the boot order temporarily.
Refer to the laptop manual or to Dell's tech support website if F2 isn't
the correct key for your machine.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Rick Rogers

Re: Bios Setting
In addition to the others, if you are seeing the OS selection screen, then
you are depressing the BIOS access key too late in the boot process. It
should be hit when you see either the manufacturer's splash screen or system
POST (where it counts the memory and gives system configuration detail).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Turki Ben Sumih" <TurkiBenSumih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dears,
> I have Vista OS and i've been trying to access the BIOS settings to change
> boot start to be booted from the CD but unable . my laptop is Dell and
> when
> the lap top starts i press Delete but it gives me to select the operating
> system i can not access the BIOS? so could you please help me to change
> the
> BIOS Setting ?
> --
> PMO Spe******t

Bruce Chambers

Re: Bios Setting
Turki Ben Sumih wrote:
> Dears,
> I have Vista OS and i've been trying to access the BIOS settings to change
> boot start to be booted from the CD but unable . my laptop is Dell and when
> the lap top starts i press Delete but it gives me to select the operating
> system i can not access the BIOS? so could you please help me to change the
> BIOS Setting ?

The operating system is immaterial, it has no bearing upon how one
enters the BIOS.

In the extremely unlikely event that your PC's manual or the
motherboard manufacturer's web site doesn't contain the needed
information, try one of the following:

Wim's BIOS Page
http://www.wimsbios.com/

Accessing Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Chad Harris

Re: Bios Setting
Hi Turki--

As Malki says F2 and F12 *could get you into the bios setup , but many of
the newer dell laptops, etc. use the DEL key. If you specify your model
number I can link you to the Doc on dell's site.

http://support.dell.com/ Click Manual:

This is only an example. We need your specific model:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dkub/

Entering the System Setup:
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...b/syssetup.htm

CH

"Turki Ben Sumih" <TurkiBenSumih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dears,
> I have Vista OS and i've been trying to access the BIOS settings to change
> boot start to be booted from the CD but unable . my laptop is Dell and
> when
> the lap top starts i press Delete but it gives me to select the operating
> system i can not access the BIOS? so could you please help me to change
> the
> BIOS Setting ?
> --
> PMO Spe******t