What a joke

Spock

What a joke
Hello Everyone

I finally got Vista installed, after spending days trying to get it to work.
All the errors I got had nothing
to do with the reason why, for example one error stated that it would close
down to prevent damage
to the machine, and everytime there would be a different error message, that
is not logical.
The installation wizard has great difficulty finding drivers even when they
are on the same drive, for
example, if you remove a card and change slots on the motherboard, it can
not find the drivers even
though they were previously installed.

The reason my installation failed numerous times is because of the slot that
the video card occupies
(even when you configure the bios to use the second pci-e slot and the users
guide says you can use
either slot) but microsoft would not allow it. Why would I use the second
slot because I have a adaptec
39320 card and asus recommend using the first pci-x slot and there is not
enough room for the video
card in slot 1 with the 39320 in the first pci-x slot ( bad design by ASUS )
before you say it, yes I have
the latest bios for my motherboard which is a M2N32 WS Pro and the video
card is a power color
ATI X1600Pro.

It seems to me Microsoft need to lift their game.

Thank you.

Mr. Arnold

Re: What a joke

> Thank you.

You're welcomed and the next time do keep the whine to yourself.

Is there a warm bottle and a Pamper in the house?

Richard Urban

Re: What a joke
And you don't suspect a bad mother board as one of your problems. When the
primary video slot is borked I certainly would.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Spock" <ufpNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone
>
> I finally got Vista installed, after spending days trying to get it to
> work. All the errors I got had nothing
> to do with the reason why, for example one error stated that it would
> close down to prevent damage
> to the machine, and everytime there would be a different error message,
> that is not logical.
> The installation wizard has great difficulty finding drivers even when
> they are on the same drive, for
> example, if you remove a card and change slots on the motherboard, it can
> not find the drivers even
> though they were previously installed.
>
> The reason my installation failed numerous times is because of the slot
> that the video card occupies
> (even when you configure the bios to use the second pci-e slot and the
> users guide says you can use
> either slot) but microsoft would not allow it. Why would I use the second
> slot because I have a adaptec
> 39320 card and asus recommend using the first pci-x slot and there is not
> enough room for the video
> card in slot 1 with the 39320 in the first pci-x slot ( bad design by
> ASUS ) before you say it, yes I have
> the latest bios for my motherboard which is a M2N32 WS Pro and the video
> card is a power color
> ATI X1600Pro.
>
> It seems to me Microsoft need to lift their game.
>
> Thank you.

Spock

Re: What a joke
Well this is unlikely as Windows XP Pro and Windows XP X64 both seem to work
ok with the video caard in either slot.but not Vista.
> And you don't suspect a bad mother board as one of your problems. When the
> primary video slot is borked I certainly would.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Spock" <ufpNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hello Everyone
>>
>> I finally got Vista installed, after spending days trying to get it to
>> work. All the errors I got had nothing
>> to do with the reason why, for example one error stated that it would
>> close down to prevent damage
>> to the machine, and everytime there would be a different error message,
>> that is not logical.
>> The installation wizard has great difficulty finding drivers even when
>> they are on the same drive, for
>> example, if you remove a card and change slots on the motherboard, it can
>> not find the drivers even
>> though they were previously installed.
>>
>> The reason my installation failed numerous times is because of the slot
>> that the video card occupies
>> (even when you configure the bios to use the second pci-e slot and the
>> users guide says you can use
>> either slot) but microsoft would not allow it. Why would I use the second
>> slot because I have a adaptec
>> 39320 card and asus recommend using the first pci-x slot and there is not
>> enough room for the video
>> card in slot 1 with the 39320 in the first pci-x slot ( bad design by
>> ASUS ) before you say it, yes I have
>> the latest bios for my motherboard which is a M2N32 WS Pro and the video
>> card is a power color
>> ATI X1600Pro.
>>
>> It seems to me Microsoft need to lift their game.
>>
>> Thank you.

mikeyhsd

Re: What a joke
sounds like someone needs to find a toy boy to get laid.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@comcast.net> wrote in message

sounds like someone needs to find a toy boy to get laid.

------------

Didn't you talk to your mama? She'll tell you that I already paid her a
visit. I'll take your sister or siters next or any female in your family 8
to 80 sick, blind or crazy, Mickey.

Vigilante

Re: What a joke
Motherboard BIOS handled it, Vista should have in all likelyhood unless the drivers were still the 64 bit for the 32 bit version of Vista.
If you were trying the drivers from 64 bit Xp to 64 bit Vista however.....
Good luck, I don't see 64 bit being ready for much of anything but an email machine.

"Spock" <ufpNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:uJlViBDoHHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Well this is unlikely as Windows XP Pro and Windows XP X64 both seem to work
ok with the video caard in either slot.but not Vista.
> And you don't suspect a bad mother board as one of your problems. When the
> primary video slot is borked I certainly would.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Spock" <ufpNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hello Everyone
>>
>> I finally got Vista installed, after spending days trying to get it to
>> work. All the errors I got had nothing
>> to do with the reason why, for example one error stated that it would
>> close down to prevent damage
>> to the machine, and everytime there would be a different error message,
>> that is not logical.
>> The installation wizard has great difficulty finding drivers even when
>> they are on the same drive, for
>> example, if you remove a card and change slots on the motherboard, it can
>> not find the drivers even
>> though they were previously installed.
>>
>> The reason my installation failed numerous times is because of the slot
>> that the video card occupies
>> (even when you configure the bios to use the second pci-e slot and the
>> users guide says you can use
>> either slot) but microsoft would not allow it. Why would I use the second
>> slot because I have a adaptec
>> 39320 card and asus recommend using the first pci-x slot and there is not
>> enough room for the video
>> card in slot 1 with the 39320 in the first pci-x slot ( bad design by
>> ASUS ) before you say it, yes I have
>> the latest bios for my motherboard which is a M2N32 WS Pro and the video
>> card is a power color
>> ATI X1600Pro.
>>
>> It seems to me Microsoft need to lift their game.
>>
>> Thank you.

mikeyhsd

Re: What a joke
since they are all females, that lets you out.

get a toy boy and behave.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message news:OYMgmuHoHHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@comcast.net> wrote in message

sounds like someone needs to find a toy boy to get laid.

Didn't you talk to your mama? She'll tell you that I already paid her a
visit. I'll take your sister or siters next or any female in your family 8
to 80 sick, blind or crazy, Mickey.

Mr. Arnold

<Plank>
That's a soft logical <plunk>.