Vista Ultimate on a laptop

Karl

Vista Ultimate on a laptop
I have a laptop with the following spec:

Core Duo T2400
1GB RAM
GeForce Go 7400 (256MB)

As far as I can see, this should run Windows Vista Ultimate. However, I
remember reading that you wouldn't be able to install Ultimate on a laptop
unless that laptop had a flsh-based hard drive.Is this true? Can I install
Ultimate on my laptop?

Thanks

Karl

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup
JCO

Re: Vista Ultimate on a laptop
Define "flsh-based hard drive"

"Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop with the following spec:
>
> Core Duo T2400
> 1GB RAM
> GeForce Go 7400 (256MB)
>
> As far as I can see, this should run Windows Vista Ultimate. However, I
> remember reading that you wouldn't be able to install Ultimate on a laptop
> unless that laptop had a flsh-based hard drive.Is this true? Can I install
> Ultimate on my laptop?
>
> Thanks
>
> Karl
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

Mr. Arnold

Re: Vista Ultimate on a laptop

"Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop with the following spec:
>
> Core Duo T2400
> 1GB RAM
> GeForce Go 7400 (256MB)
>
> As far as I can see, this should run Windows Vista Ultimate. However, I
> remember reading that you wouldn't be able to install Ultimate on a laptop
> unless that laptop had a flsh-based hard drive.Is this true? Can I install
> Ultimate on my laptop?

What's a flsh-based hard drive?

There is also a utility that you can run with the current O/S to tell you if
the machine is Vista compatible.

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Ultimate on a laptop
Flash hard drive:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,126833/article.html

and no, it is not a requirement. A regular laptop hard drive is sufficient.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org