change vista language

Patrick

change vista language
I have Window Vista Business pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just purchased.
The Vista language is set to Swedish (a swedish layout thinkpad). I want to
change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: change vista language
Purchase a "Full English Version" of Windows Vista
and perform a "clean install". Or send the ThinkPad
back to IBM and request an English version.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----

"Patrick" wrote:

I have Window Vista Business pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just purchased.
The Vista language is set to Swedish (a swedish layout thinkpad). I want to
change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?

Sandip Kumar (INDIA)

RE: change vista language

Hi,

I have Window Vista Home Basic pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just purchased.
The Vista language is set to taiwanese (a taiwanese layout thinkpad). I want
change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?

Thanks!
Sandip
Peter

Re: change vista language
As answered elsewhere, only Ultimate has the language change capability.
You'll have to buy a new version of Vista.
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"Sandip Kumar (INDIA)" <Sandip Kumar (INDIA)@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:5D65DE4D-8BCD-47A9-BD97-F77C9551A291@microsoft.com...

> Hi,
>

> I have Window Vista Home Basic pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just
> purchased.
> The Vista language is set to taiwanese (a taiwanese layout thinkpad). I
> want
> change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?
>

> Thanks!
> Sandip

Rob

Re: change vista language
I find this unacceptable that MS is bragging about bridging cultures and
offering Language Packs and they force you to pay twice to have a different
language for Vista. Specially since you can download for free the languange
Packs for XP.

Rob

"Peter" wrote:

> As answered elsewhere, only Ultimate has the language change capability.
> You'll have to buy a new version of Vista.
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
>
> "Sandip Kumar (INDIA)" <Sandip Kumar (INDIA)@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:5D65DE4D-8BCD-47A9-BD97-F77C9551A291@microsoft.com...
> >

> > Hi,
> >

> > I have Window Vista Home Basic pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just
> > purchased.
> > The Vista language is set to taiwanese (a taiwanese layout thinkpad). I
> > want
> > change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?
> >

> > Thanks!
> > Sandip

Gunter Krone

Re: change vista language
I Agree with Rob, I think if you've buy an original software with your
equipment, you most have a free of charge packs download from the MS site...

"Rob" wrote:

> I find this unacceptable that MS is bragging about bridging cultures and
> offering Language Packs and they force you to pay twice to have a different
> language for Vista. Specially since you can download for free the languange
> Packs for XP.
>
> Rob
>

> "Peter" wrote:
>
> > As answered elsewhere, only Ultimate has the language change capability.
> > You'll have to buy a new version of Vista.
> > Peter
> > Toronto, Canada
> >
> > "Sandip Kumar (INDIA)" <Sandip Kumar (INDIA)@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:5D65DE4D-8BCD-47A9-BD97-F77C9551A291@microsoft.com...
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > I have Window Vista Home Basic pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just
> > > purchased.
> > > The Vista language is set to taiwanese (a taiwanese layout thinkpad). I
> > > want
> > > change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?
> > >

> > > Thanks!
> > > Sandip

cards26

RE: change vista language

--
Vista Sucks

"Patrick" wrote:

> I have Window Vista Business pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just purchased.
> The Vista language is set to Swedish (a swedish layout thinkpad). I want to
> change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?

LanguageLess

RE: change vista language
Word!!!

"cards26" wrote:

> --
> Vista Sucks
>

> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > I have Window Vista Business pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just purchased.
> > The Vista language is set to Swedish (a swedish layout thinkpad). I want to
> > change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?

Alex H

Re: change vista language
I also find this very strange... I've just purchased a PC in Italy where I
happen to live at the moment, expecting that I would be able to change the
language back to English (as is possible with every previous version of MS
operating system I've owned) to find that I now have to spend a fortune on
the "Ultimate" edition (with a heap of peripheral functionality of which I
have no requirement) in order to do so...

Surely this is a backward step, and there must be a simpler way of providing
this service.... Anyone from Microsoft care to comment...?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Purchase a "Full English Version" of Windows Vista
> and perform a "clean install". Or send the ThinkPad
> back to IBM and request an English version.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User

> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> I have Window Vista Business pre-installed on a Thinkpad i just purchased.
> The Vista language is set to Swedish (a swedish layout thinkpad). I want to
> change the language to English for Vista - how do I do that?

John Luxembourg

Re: change vista language
I agree with Rob, I had the same experience with Vista Home Premium, the
version I bought is French and cannot be changed to English without buying a
new version, next time I buy a Mac