Vista Home Premium to Business upgrade

dgfg

Vista Home Premium to Business upgrade
I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I need remote
desktop to access my work PC. Will Media Center (included in Home Premium)
be lost if I upgrade to Vista Business to get remote desktop (Vista Business
does not include Media Center)? Or must I upgrade to Ultimate to get both
features?
AJR

Re: Vista Home Premium to Business upgrade
Business version does not include Media Center, however I remember a post
(sorry do not remember the Vista Newsgroup) about Media Center being added.

"dgfg" <dgfg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I need remote
> desktop to access my work PC. Will Media Center (included in Home
> Premium)
> be lost if I upgrade to Vista Business to get remote desktop (Vista
> Business
> does not include Media Center)? Or must I upgrade to Ultimate to get both
> features?

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Home Premium to Business upgrade
Hi,

You can use Vista Home Premium to access a remote desktop on your work PC,
you'll find it under All programs/accessories in the menu. There would be no
need to upgrade. What you can't do is access the Vista Home Premium via
Remote Desktop from another machine. In short, it can be the access client,
but it cannot be the host.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"dgfg" <dgfg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I need remote
> desktop to access my work PC. Will Media Center (included in Home
> Premium)
> be lost if I upgrade to Vista Business to get remote desktop (Vista
> Business
> does not include Media Center)? Or must I upgrade to Ultimate to get both
> features?

dgfg

Re: Vista Home Premium to Business upgrade
Thanks, can now make the connection, but still log-in problems at network end

"AJR" wrote:

> Business version does not include Media Center, however I remember a post
> (sorry do not remember the Vista Newsgroup) about Media Center being added.
>

> "dgfg" <dgfg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I need remote
> > desktop to access my work PC. Will Media Center (included in Home
> > Premium)
> > be lost if I upgrade to Vista Business to get remote desktop (Vista
> > Business
> > does not include Media Center)? Or must I upgrade to Ultimate to get both
> > features?

Rock

Re: Vista Home Premium to Business upgrade
"dgfg" <dgfg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I need remote
> desktop to access my work PC. Will Media Center (included in Home
> Premium)
> be lost if I upgrade to Vista Business to get remote desktop (Vista
> Business
> does not include Media Center)? Or must I upgrade to Ultimate to get both
> features?

To get Media Center you would need to upgrade to Vista Ultimate. It can't
be added to Business.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Location: Turkey,IZMIR
WildGenie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upgrade from Vista Business to Vista Premium