Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition... 32 bit missing?

Salomon Orangge

Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition... 32 bit missing?
Is it normal that the Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition
(labelled on the box) should only have 64 bit disks? Both discs are labelled
as "anytime upgrade" with another label as saying "64 bit edition only". ONE
of the discs is labelled as an "Upgrade Disc".

I am currently running Windows XP Pro 32 bit edition, and if I try to
install this from windows, it errors out and tells me that only a clean
installation is possible. When the computer is rebooted from the Vista disc,
the installation process commences, then errors out after 14% saying that
there are drivers missing so the installation is terminating.

I figured this was errors on the discs, so I brought them back to the store
and exchanged them, but upon opening the box I was greeted with the same
exact discs. NO 32 bit edition even though the box is blatantly labelled to
contain it.
Rock

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition... 32 bit missing?
"Salomon Orangge" wrote
> Is it normal that the Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition
> (labelled on the box) should only have 64 bit disks? Both discs are
> labelled
> as "anytime upgrade" with another label as saying "64 bit edition only".
> ONE
> of the discs is labelled as an "Upgrade Disc".
>
> I am currently running Windows XP Pro 32 bit edition, and if I try to
> install this from windows, it errors out and tells me that only a clean
> installation is possible. When the computer is rebooted from the Vista
> disc,
> the installation process commences, then errors out after 14% saying that
> there are drivers missing so the installation is terminating.
>
> I figured this was errors on the discs, so I brought them back to the
> store
> and exchanged them, but upon opening the box I was greeted with the same
> exact discs. NO 32 bit edition even though the box is blatantly labelled
> contain it.

I thought the Vista Ultimate retail upgrade came with both x86 and x64 DVDs
and one product key.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Mr. Arnold

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition... 32 bit missing?

"Salomon Orangge" <Salomon Orangge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1636009E-F260-4D8C-B6FF-7A7EC6A0211F@microsoft.com...
> Is it normal that the Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition
> (labelled on the box) should only have 64 bit disks? Both discs are
> labelled
> as "anytime upgrade" with another label as saying "64 bit edition only".
> ONE
> of the discs is labelled as an "Upgrade Disc".
>
> I am currently running Windows XP Pro 32 bit edition, and if I try to
> install this from windows, it errors out and tells me that only a clean
> installation is possible. When the computer is rebooted from the Vista
> disc,
> the installation process commences, then errors out after 14% saying that
> there are drivers missing so the installation is terminating.
>
> I figured this was errors on the discs, so I brought them back to the
> store
> and exchanged them, but upon opening the box I was greeted with the same
> exact discs. NO 32 bit edition even though the box is blatantly labelled
> contain it.

I have the Ultimate Upgrade box with two DVD's one says it's for 32bit and
the other one says it's for 64bit.

Maybe, the store just has a bad batch of boxes and doesn't know it. You
should call MS and verify what is suppose to be in the box.

JW

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition... 32 bit missing?
The Updgrade Disk is the 32bit upgrade disk. You probably tried the 74bit
disk which is a 64but clean install disk.

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> The Updgrade Disk is the 32bit upgrade disk. You probably tried the 74bit
> disk which is a 64but clean install disk.

Let's get the 74bit and 64but straight first.

JW

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade 32 / 64 edition... 32 bit missing?
Sorry for the typo of 74 instead of 64