Vista and XP

Robert

Vista and XP
I installed Vista (wiped out XP completely) and then decided to reinstall XP
on a different drive (Vista on drive 1, XP drive 2 - not partitions,
separate drives). Vista, of course, wouldn't load, so I did a repair. Now
XP won't load.

Everything I see on the web says install XP first and then Vista will pick
it up. What can I do in my situation (short of fixing XP and then
reinstalling Vista)?

Thanks.

Robert

Don

Re: Vista and XP
Robert wrote:
> I installed Vista (wiped out XP completely) and then decided to
> reinstall XP on a different drive (Vista on drive 1, XP drive 2 - not
> partitions, separate drives). Vista, of course, wouldn't load, so I did
> a repair. Now XP won't load.
>
> Everything I see on the web says install XP first and then Vista will
> pick it up. What can I do in my situation (short of fixing XP and then
> reinstalling Vista)?

By far the easiest is to install VistaBootPRO (vistabootpro.org), then
click on the 'System Bootloader' icon and reinstall the Vista boot
loader with the 'All Drives' option selected.

John Barnes

Re: Vista and XP
Download and install either VistaBootPro or EasyBCD, set up a legacy drive
entry for your XP system. If you still have a problem, copy ntdetect.com and
ntldr and boot.ini files to your Vista drive and correct the drive number in
the boot.ini for the properly enumerated drive.

"Robert" <lektrikpuke@_yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I installed Vista (wiped out XP completely) and then decided to reinstall
>XP on a different drive (Vista on drive 1, XP drive 2 - not partitions,
>separate drives). Vista, of course, wouldn't load, so I did a repair. Now
>XP won't load.
>
> Everything I see on the web says install XP first and then Vista will pick
> it up. What can I do in my situation (short of fixing XP and then
> reinstalling Vista)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Robert

Robert