Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft office 2003 Setup Error Code 1913

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007
Matt2003
 

Posts: n/a
Microsoft office 2003 Setup Error Code 1913
Hello,
I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 and I keep getting the
following error message
Error 1913 Set up cannot update file
C:\windows\system 32\mapiscv.inf.
Ensure the file exists in your system and you have permissions to update it.

I have installed 2003 on Vista before, but never had this problem. I am
reinstalling it because I tried Office 2007 trial. I have removed all Offices
The above file does exist. I have tried looking on the Knowledge base, but
the solution does not apply to Vista.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft office 2003 Setup Error Code 1913
Hi,

When you insert the Office disk, locate the setup file and right click it
and use 'run as administrator'.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Matt2003" <Matt2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2BF7ED20-372D-4556-956A-6CD112F06020@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 and I keep getting the
> following error message
> Error 1913 Set up cannot update file
> C:\windows\system 32\mapiscv.inf.
> Ensure the file exists in your system and you have permissions to update
> it.
>
> I have installed 2003 on Vista before, but never had this problem. I am
> reinstalling it because I tried Office 2007 trial. I have removed all
> Offices
> The above file does exist. I have tried looking on the Knowledge base, but
> the solution does not apply to Vista.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007
Matt2003
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft office 2003 Setup Error Code 1913
Hello Rick
I tried that and it has still not worked.
Matt

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When you insert the Office disk, locate the setup file and right click it
> and use 'run as administrator'.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "Matt2003" <Matt2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2BF7ED20-372D-4556-956A-6CD112F06020@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 and I keep getting the
> > following error message
> > Error 1913 Set up cannot update file
> > C:\windows\system 32\mapiscv.inf.
> > Ensure the file exists in your system and you have permissions to update
> > it.
> >
> > I have installed 2003 on Vista before, but never had this problem. I am
> > reinstalling it because I tried Office 2007 trial. I have removed all
> > Offices
> > The above file does exist. I have tried looking on the Knowledge base, but
> > the solution does not apply to Vista.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007
George
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft office 2003 Setup Error Code 1913
Did you enable the REAL administrater account and install M Office 2003 from
within there?

"Matt2003" wrote:

> Hello Rick
> I tried that and it has still not worked.
> Matt
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When you insert the Office disk, locate the setup file and right click it
> > and use 'run as administrator'.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,
> >
> > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "Matt2003" <Matt2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2BF7ED20-372D-4556-956A-6CD112F06020@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello,
> > > I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 and I keep getting the
> > > following error message
> > > Error 1913 Set up cannot update file
> > > C:\windows\system 32\mapiscv.inf.
> > > Ensure the file exists in your system and you have permissions to update
> > > it.
> > >
> > > I have installed 2003 on Vista before, but never had this problem. I am
> > > reinstalling it because I tried Office 2007 trial. I have removed all
> > > Offices
> > > The above file does exist. I have tried looking on the Knowledge base, but
> > > the solution does not apply to Vista.

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2007
Matt2003
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft office 2003 Setup Error Code 1913
Hello,
yeah I I think I did I am the only administrater?
Matt

"George" wrote:

> Did you enable the REAL administrater account and install M Office 2003 from
> within there?
>
> "Matt2003" wrote:
>
> > Hello Rick
> > I tried that and it has still not worked.
> > Matt
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When you insert the Office disk, locate the setup file and right click it
> > > and use 'run as administrator'.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best of Luck,
> > >
> > > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> > >
> > > "Matt2003" <Matt2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:2BF7ED20-372D-4556-956A-6CD112F06020@microsoft.com...
> > > > Hello,
> > > > I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 and I keep getting the
> > > > following error message
> > > > Error 1913 Set up cannot update file
> > > > C:\windows\system 32\mapiscv.inf.
> > > > Ensure the file exists in your system and you have permissions to update
> > > > it.
> > > >
> > > > I have installed 2003 on Vista before, but never had this problem. I am
> > > > reinstalling it because I tried Office 2007 trial. I have removed all
> > > > Offices
> > > > The above file does exist. I have tried looking on the Knowledge base, but
> > > > the solution does not apply to Vista.
> > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft office 2003 wobblyshirl microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 14 09-26-2008 20:27
"Windows Setup experienced an unexpected error - Error Code: 0x0" =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 06-16-2008 23:31
Microsoft Office 2003 compatibility - Specifically - Access 2003! =?Utf-8?B?R2luYVN0YXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 04-21-2007 05:46
Microsoft Office Word 2003 PN microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 04-18-2007 05:40
Microsoft Office 2003 Problem Davide microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-28-2007 10:58




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120