VGN-AR21S - Mass Storage Controller Driver for Vista Premium

smth_jz

VGN-AR21S - Mass Storage Controller Driver for Vista Premium
I used the Sony disc from the express upgrade program to install Vista
premium, but did not use the recovery disc to re-install all apps because my
laptop was suffering a bsod on its compeletion. So I decided to run disk 1/3,
2/3 and then install 1 driver at a time to determine what is causing the BSOD
(so far audio driver is causing a problem, so I am using the 1 on the Vista
install).

I cannot find the driver for the mass storage controller. Does anybody know
what it should be, and where I can get it from.
Mike Brannigan

Re: VGN-AR21S - Mass Storage Controller Driver for Vista Premium
"smth_jz" <smthjz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used the Sony disc from the express upgrade program to install Vista
> premium, but did not use the recovery disc to re-install all apps because
> my
> laptop was suffering a bsod on its compeletion. So I decided to run disk
> 1/3,
> 2/3 and then install 1 driver at a time to determine what is causing the
> BSOD
> (so far audio driver is causing a problem, so I am using the 1 on the
> Vista
> install).
>
> I cannot find the driver for the mass storage controller. Does anybody
> know
> what it should be, and where I can get it from.

See the driver download site at Sony for your specific machine - all drivers
available for Vista are listed there.
If any further are missing then contact Sony or post a message on Sony's
support forums at Club Vaio

--

Mike Brannigan

john.bivens@gmail.com

On May 23, 4:13 am, "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote:
> "smth_jz" <smt...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I used the Sony disc from the express upgrade program to installVista
> > premium, but did not use the recovery disc to re-install all apps because
> > my
> > laptop was suffering a bsod on its compeletion. So I decided to run disk
> > 1/3,
> > 2/3 and then install 1driverat a time to determine what is causing the
> > BSOD
> > (so far audiodriveris causing a problem, so I am using the 1 on the
> >Vista
> > install).

> > I cannot find thedriverfor themassstoragecontroller. Does anybody
> > know
> > what it should be, and where I can get it from.

> See thedriverdownload site at Sony for your specific machine - all drivers
> available forVistaare listed there.
> If any further are missing then contact Sony or post a message on Sony's
> support forums at ClubVaio
>
> --
>
> Mike Brannigan

It's the Texas Instruments PCI7411 Integrated Flashmedia controller
drive on mine, which is a sony vaio vgn-sz220.
Installed the xp version of this and the error went away.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...d=2135&os_id=7

John D. Bivens