OEM Vista question

Master P

OEM Vista question
hi all,
I received my upgrade dvd from moduslink today and i have a question.
I want to do a Clean Install on my system, and I want to know if the DVD
includes all the drivers for my system. and if it does i think i can just
install it without worying with the "Load Driver" thing etc etc in the
installation setup. right?
is there anything else in need to do or know before installing vista please
let me know.
Thanks,

ACER TM 6410
Rock

Re: OEM Vista question
"Master P" wrote
> hi all,
> I received my upgrade dvd from moduslink today and i have a question.
> I want to do a Clean Install on my system, and I want to know if the DVD
> includes all the drivers for my system. and if it does i think i can just
> install it without worying with the "Load Driver" thing etc etc in the
> installation setup. right?
> is there anything else in need to do or know before installing vista
> please
> let me know.

It might or might not have all the drivers. You should do some research on
the Acer site and on the sites for the other hardware manufacturer's for
info on doing the upgrade and the availability of Vista drivers.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rick Rogers

Re: OEM Vista question
Hi,

At a minimum, the moduslink shipment should have contained three items: a
vista disk, a disk for driver and program updates specific to your machine,
and a sheet of instructions. This latter piece, if followed, should guide
you through a trouble-free installation of Vista.

One note: wipe down the disks before using them. Many have come through with
dust and debris on them that cause disk read errors during setup. By wiping
them down you will likely avoid these problems.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Master P" <MasterP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
> I received my upgrade dvd from moduslink today and i have a question.
> I want to do a Clean Install on my system, and I want to know if the DVD
> includes all the drivers for my system. and if it does i think i can just
> install it without worying with the "Load Driver" thing etc etc in the
> installation setup. right?
> is there anything else in need to do or know before installing vista
> please
> let me know.
> Thanks,
>
> ACER TM 6410

peter

Re: OEM Vista question
Received mine 2 days ago for my Acer 9300...it came with 2 CD one of which
was the Vista CD.
You insert the Acer Cd and run the wizard which uninstall all none Vista
compatible programs..........then you install Vista which has the normal
options ......so I formatted and and then installed Vista fresh.........then
ran the acer CD again which replaced all the programs it previously deleted
with Vista ones...............then you need to load all of those lovely mobo
drivers...video drivers......which I could not find...........so here I was
stuck with partial Vista drivers for some items and no drivers for other
items........Back to square one.
Acronis Image restored XP..............Acer CD to remove
programs............Vista CD to install new which placed XP under
XPOLD....Acer CD to install Vista versions of programs .............ready to
go....up and running.
Now I just need to sort out the mess on the HD and determine what belongs to
XP other than XLOLD in order to delete unnecesary junk.
peter