Screen Saver Will Not Work

counsel

Screen Saver Will Not Work
I just bought a new Toshiba laptop with Vista OS but, the screen savers will
not work. However, I can access the screen savers through the Control Panel
and even "Preview" them.

Anybody have an idea as to how I can make the screen savers "work"?
Ben Dover

Re: Screen Saver Will Not Work
How about a little more info. How do you know the screen savers don't work?
What did you do to test it?

"Ben Dover" wrote:

> How about a little more info. How do you know the screen savers don't work?
> What did you do to test it?
>

> "counsel" <counsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just bought a new Toshiba laptop with Vista OS but, the screen savers
> >will
> > not work. However, I can access the screen savers through the Control
> > Panel
> > and even "Preview" them.
> >
> > Anybody have an idea as to how I can make the screen savers "work"?

I know I have screen savers since I can "preview" them in control panel. I
switched between screen savers and also set the time for ten minutes and also
one minute. No longer how long the computer is inactive...no screen saver
İlker Yılmazoğlu

Re: Screen Saver Will Not Work
Are you using a mouse additon to the touchpad? If so, try removing the
mouse. It also can be related to any other device connected through usb.

> "Ben Dover" wrote:
>
>> How about a little more info. How do you know the screen savers don't
>> work?
>> What did you do to test it?
>>

>> "counsel" <counsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just bought a new Toshiba laptop with Vista OS but, the screen savers
>> >will
>> > not work. However, I can access the screen savers through the Control
>> > Panel
>> > and even "Preview" them.
>> >
>> > Anybody have an idea as to how I can make the screen savers "work"?

> I know I have screen savers since I can "preview" them in control panel.
> switched between screen savers and also set the time for ten minutes and
> also
> one minute. No longer how long the computer is inactive...no screen saver

Eric

Re: Screen Saver Will Not Work
I am having the same problem with my Screen Saver. I also just purchased a
new laptop with Vista and cant get my Screen Saver to work....HELP!

"İlker Yılmazoğlu" wrote:

> Are you using a mouse additon to the touchpad? If so, try removing the
> mouse. It also can be related to any other device connected through usb.
>
> "counsel" <counsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Ben Dover" wrote:
> >
> >> How about a little more info. How do you know the screen savers don't
> >> work?
> >> What did you do to test it?
> >>

> >> "counsel" <counsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > I know I have screen savers since I can "preview" them in control panel.
> > switched between screen savers and also set the time for ten minutes and
> > also
> > one minute. No longer how long the computer is inactive...no screen saver

fishdam

Re: Screen Saver Will Not Work
Are you saying that we can't attach USB devices and use a screensaver?
Another example of incompetent programming?

"Eric" wrote:

> I am having the same problem with my Screen Saver. I also just purchased a
> new laptop with Vista and cant get my Screen Saver to work....HELP!
>
> "İlker Yılmazoğlu" wrote:
>
> > Are you using a mouse additon to the touchpad? If so, try removing the
> > mouse. It also can be related to any other device connected through usb.
> >
> > "counsel" <counsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > I know I have screen savers since I can "preview" them in control panel.
> > > switched between screen savers and also set the time for ten minutes and
> > > also
> > > one minute. No longer how long the computer is inactive...no screen saver

scrodzilla is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My old IBM laptop was doing the same thing whenever I would use my wireless mouse. There is an update you can install from your list of Microsoft updates (the name escapes me...sorry) that is designed to remedy this. I believe it's one of the "optional" updates. Good luck!
Ro

Screen Saver Will Not Work
I have not yet found an answer how to get the screen saver to work. Has
anyone solved the problem?
Ro

"counsel" wrote:

> I just bought a new Toshiba laptop with Vista OS but, the screen savers will
> not work. However, I can access the screen savers through the Control Panel
> and even "Preview" them.
>
> Anybody have an idea as to how I can make the screen savers "work"?

Marniepants

RE: Screen Saver Will Not Work
Same prob with a Dell laptop + Vista - can preview but won't work on their
own. Dell support suggested removing some programs from startup menu or
uninstalling dvd power option but i figure the screen saver should work on
its own. I didn't try those options because those solutions are equally as
troubling. It just shouldn't be that complicated.

"counsel" wrote:

> I just bought a new Toshiba laptop with Vista OS but, the screen savers will
> not work. However, I can access the screen savers through the Control Panel
> and even "Preview" them.
>
> Anybody have an idea as to how I can make the screen savers "work"?

lian

Re: Screen Saver Will Not Work

Dell Media Experience, Power DVD, ehtray.exe and DVD Launcher can cause
the issue similar to the one you are experiencing.This happen because
applications running in the startup directory. The startup directory has
files that belong to applications that are installed in the computer.

--
lian