Windows Vista restarts when starting up

the NIKO

Windows Vista restarts when starting up
I have just installed Windows Vista, and I have not been able to get to my
desktop yet. Whenever I try to start it, it goes partway and then just
restarts. The next time it starts up it gives me the options of safe mode,
start normally, last good configuration, etc. I tried all of the possible
options and they all restarted partway into the startup process. How can I
start up my computer? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as it is
imperative that I have Vista up and running soon. Also, I am running it on a
partitioned hard drive on a Mac Mini.
Where_Was_George

Re: Windows Vista restarts when starting up

the NIKO wrote:
> I have just installed Windows Vista, and I have not been able to get to my
> desktop yet. Whenever I try to start it, it goes partway and then just
> restarts. The next time it starts up it gives me the options of safe mode,
> start normally, last good configuration, etc. I tried all of the possible
> options and they all restarted partway into the startup process. How can I
> start up my computer? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as it is
> imperative that I have Vista up and running soon. Also, I am running it on a
> partitioned hard drive on a Mac Mini.

I would back up the data on the Mac partition first, then boot off the
DVD and try the 'Repair' function. (installation screen that displays
the language setting, lower left hand side)

If you can at least get a command prompt, run chkdsk /f if it lets
you. If not, schedule it for the next bootup.

--
"There seems to be something jamming my guidance systems" explained
the computer brightly, "impact minus forty-five seconds. Please call

the NIKO

"Where_Was_George" wrote:

> the NIKO wrote:
> > I have just installed Windows Vista, and I have not been able to get to my
> > desktop yet. Whenever I try to start it, it goes partway and then just
> > restarts. The next time it starts up it gives me the options of safe mode,
> > start normally, last good configuration, etc. I tried all of the possible
> > options and they all restarted partway into the startup process. How can I
> > start up my computer? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as it is
> > imperative that I have Vista up and running soon. Also, I am running it on a
> > partitioned hard drive on a Mac Mini.

> I would back up the data on the Mac partition first, then boot off the
> DVD and try the 'Repair' function. (installation screen that displays
> the language setting, lower left hand side)
>
> If you can at least get a command prompt, run chkdsk /f if it lets
> you. If not, schedule it for the next bootup.
>
> --
> "There seems to be something jamming my guidance systems" explained
> the computer brightly, "impact minus forty-five seconds. Please call
> me Eddie if it will help you to relax."
> -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

OK, I tried the 'Repair' function already, and it said that it could not
start up but was unable to repair it. I was able to get a command prompt so
I'll try that too. Also I have an external hard drive so I'm going to try
and install it there.