deleting vista

tony

deleting vista
how can i delete vista from my new laptop
i have tryed deleting the partition but it wont let me
--
clipsal
Rick Rogers

Re: deleting vista
Hi tony,

You can only delete the partition or volume housing Vista if you are either
booted from another OS install disk or running from a different OS
installation on another volume.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"tony" <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i delete vista from my new laptop
> i have tryed deleting the partition but it wont let me
> --
> clipsal

John Barnett MVP

Re: deleting vista
You are trying to delete the partition from within the operating system
which you can't do. You can't delete something you are in the process of
using. You either need to delete from another operating system or delete the
partition using a third party partitioning application such as Acronis Disk
Director.

Make sure you backup any important files/document before removing Vista. If
you are planning on re-installing another operating system, say Windows XP
you can use the XP installation to reformat the drive and remove vista. See
these links on my website:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...d_drive_us.htm

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"tony" <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i delete vista from my new laptop
> i have tryed deleting the partition but it wont let me
> --
> clipsal

tony

Re: deleting vista
thanks
i love you guy's
--
clipsal

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> You are trying to delete the partition from within the operating system
> which you can't do. You can't delete something you are in the process of
> using. You either need to delete from another operating system or delete the
> partition using a third party partitioning application such as Acronis Disk
> Director.
>
> Make sure you backup any important files/document before removing Vista. If
> you are planning on re-installing another operating system, say Windows XP
> you can use the XP installation to reformat the drive and remove vista. See
> these links on my website:
>
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...d_drive_us.htm
>
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>
> "tony" <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how can i delete vista from my new laptop
> > i have tryed deleting the partition but it wont let me
> > --
> > clipsal

huwyngr

Re: deleting vista
If you are deleting it to install another version of Windows make sure
first that you can get all the specialized files that laptops require
-- many manufacturers are not supplying XP files, for example, for
machines delivered with VISTA.

You might be lucky and identify a sufficiently similar model to supply
files that will work on yours but it's a crap-shoot.

Search first -- Do after!

John Barnett MVP

Re: deleting vista
You're Welcome