Blue Screen Error while installing VistaX64 Ultimate Edition

Real.whitehat

Blue Screen Error while installing VistaX64 Ultimate Edition
When booted first I selected option of Memory test n didnt find any error...n
when I proceed for Installation process I got one error with blue
scree..Error that I received is mentioned below.....
{
stop c000021A {Fatel System Error}
the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with
a status of 0X00000000 (0Xc0000001 0X00100390)
The system has been Shut down
}

For Vista compatibility I tested my system here:--
"http://www.nzone.com/content/nzone/srl/nzone_srl.asp?gameid=3596"
& I passd all the result for CPU,CPU speed,Video card,DirectX,Sound
card,HDD,DVD except System RAM..as here minimum 1GB but I hav 512MB...so
failed with 1 point, but I dont think it will create ant problem in
installation..

Plssz tell me what could be the possible reason behind
this error

Here is my System Specification:--
AMD X64 X2 3800+
MSI k9NGM(intigrated Graphic_nVidia Geforce 6100, 128MB)
Transcand 512MB DDR2-RAM,667Mhz
Segate 160GB SATA2 HDD
Sony DVD..

I need your help..pls suggest me the solution to resolve this problem.

Mr. Arnold

Re: Blue Screen Error while installing VistaX64 Ultimate Edition

"Real.whitehat" <Real.whitehat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When booted first I selected option of Memory test n didnt find any
> error...n
> when I proceed for Installation process I got one error with blue
> scree..Error that I received is mentioned below.....
> {
> stop c000021A {Fatel System Error}
> the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly
> with
> a status of 0X00000000 (0Xc0000001 0X00100390)
> The system has been Shut down
> }
>
> For Vista compatibility I tested my system here:--
> "http://www.nzone.com/content/nzone/srl/nzone_srl.asp?gameid=3596"
> & I passd all the result for CPU,CPU speed,Video card,DirectX,Sound
> card,HDD,DVD except System RAM..as here minimum 1GB but I hav 512MB...so
> failed with 1 point, but I dont think it will create ant problem in
> installation..
>
> Plssz tell me what could be the possible reason behind
> this error
>
> Here is my System Specification:--
> AMD X64 X2 3800+
> MSI k9NGM(intigrated Graphic_nVidia Geforce 6100, 128MB)
> Transcand 512MB DDR2-RAM,667Mhz
> Segate 160GB SATA2 HDD
> Sony DVD..
>
> I need your help..pls suggest me the solution to resolve this problem.

You have 180 days of free support from MS with Vista. You can call them on
the phone.

Don

Real.whitehat wrote:
> When booted first I selected option of Memory test n didnt find any error...n
> when I proceed for Installation process I got one error with blue
> scree..Error that I received is mentioned below.....
>
> Here is my System Specification:--
> AMD X64 X2 3800+
> MSI k9NGM(intigrated Graphic_nVidia Geforce 6100, 128MB)
> Transcand 512MB DDR2-RAM,667Mhz
> Segate 160GB SATA2 HDD
> Sony DVD..

Are you installing 64-bit Vista? The huge problem there has been
finding drivers, particularly for nVidia chips and generally for
SATA controllers also.

Many here have been recommending to use 32-bit Vista until the
64-bit machines become mainstream consumer items.

BTW, my understanding is that 64-bit machines generally need
more RAM than 32-bit machines, but I'd like to hear from someone
who actually knows for sure.

Where_Was_George

Re: Blue Screen Error while installing VistaX64 Ultimate Edition
On May 20, 2:48 pm, Real.whitehat
<Real.white...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> When booted first I selected option of Memory test n didnt find any error...n
> when I proceed for Installation process I got one error with blue
> scree..Error that I received is mentioned below.....
> {
> stop c000021A {Fatel System Error}
> the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with
> a status of 0X00000000 (0Xc0000001 0X00100390)
> The system has been Shut down
>
> }
>
> For Vista compatibility I tested my system here:--
> "http://www.nzone.com/content/nzone/srl/nzone_srl.asp?gameid=3596"
> & I passd all the result for CPU,CPU speed,Video card,DirectX,Sound
> card,HDD,DVD except System RAM..as here minimum 1GB but I hav 512MB...so
> failed with 1 point, but I dont think it will create ant problem in
> installation..
>
> Plssz tell me what could be the possible reason behind
> this error
>
> Here is my System Specification:--
> AMD X64 X2 3800+
> MSI k9NGM(intigrated Graphic_nVidia Geforce 6100, 128MB)
> Transcand 512MB DDR2-RAM,667Mhz
> Segate 160GB SATA2 HDD
> Sony DVD..
>
> I need your help..pls suggest me the solution to resolve this problem.

I had a similar problem. I had changed the BIOS to boot from DVD.
Windows began installing then rebooted. The DVD was still in the
drive. The installation failed. The repair function was unable to
recover it.

The solution was to stare at the monitor until the install program was
ready to reboot and remove the install DVD.

When you re-install, it will ask if you want the install program to
save your old copy of Windows. Humor it and go along.

I was able to retrieve files from a previous install, but the OS will
fight you and refuse access to other files in the previous install
directory.

--
"There seems to be something jamming my guidance systems" explained
the computer brightly, "impact minus forty-five seconds. Please call

Where_Was_George

On May 20, 4:28 pm, Don <don195...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Real.whitehat wrote:
> > When booted first I selected option of Memory test n didnt find any error...n
> > when I proceed for Installation process I got one error with blue
> > scree..Error that I received is mentioned below.....

> > Here is my System Specification:--
> > AMD X64 X2 3800+
> > MSI k9NGM(intigrated Graphic_nVidia Geforce 6100, 128MB)
> > Transcand 512MB DDR2-RAM,667Mhz
> > Segate 160GB SATA2 HDD
> > Sony DVD..

> Are you installing 64-bit Vista? The huge problem there has been
> finding drivers, particularly for nVidia chips and generally for
> SATA controllers also.
>
> Many here have been recommending to use 32-bit Vista until the
> 64-bit machines become mainstream consumer items.
>
> BTW, my understanding is that 64-bit machines generally need
> more RAM than 32-bit machines, but I'd like to hear from someone
> who actually knows for sure.

I'm running 64 bit premium.

The chipset is the Nvidia Geforce 6100-405. Microsoft update had the
WDDM driver for it as well as a USB modem I'm using.

The hard drive is Ultra ATA 100. The DVD burner is SATA.

1gb of ram is installed. It's fast, but except for the installation of
a couple of apps, it's running in out of the box default mode.

In fact, I haven't even tried installing the DVD software. An external
USB controller may or may have not contributed to the frequent
crashes in the first intallation, (this is the third).

Once I finally get some more work done, I'll hook the controller back
up and see what happens.