Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Creating A Bootable Vista DVD.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
EdC
 

Posts: n/a
Creating A Bootable Vista DVD.
My copy of Vista was downloaded from MS. I need a bootable dvd - on boot I
get BOOTMGR missing - to restore the boot files. How can I make one?

Thanks in advance-
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Creating A Bootable Vista DVD.
Hi,

Where did you download it from? All Vista images that I've seen except for
certain enterprise ones are that of a bootable DVD.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"EdC" <EdC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C3C476D0-9BDE-4777-A71C-AC3AC1EDBD44@microsoft.com...
> My copy of Vista was downloaded from MS. I need a bootable dvd - on boot I
> get BOOTMGR missing - to restore the boot files. How can I make one?
>
> Thanks in advance-


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
EdC
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Creating A Bootable Vista DVD.
It was purchased and downloaded from Microsoft:

http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/co..._id=10091WSHb1



"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Where did you download it from? All Vista images that I've seen except for
> certain enterprise ones are that of a bootable DVD.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "EdC" <EdC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C3C476D0-9BDE-4777-A71C-AC3AC1EDBD44@microsoft.com...
> > My copy of Vista was downloaded from MS. I need a bootable dvd - on boot I
> > get BOOTMGR missing - to restore the boot files. How can I make one?
> >
> > Thanks in advance-

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Creating A Bootable Vista DVD.
EdC wrote:
> It was purchased and downloaded from Microsoft:
>
> http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/co..._id=10091WSHb1
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Where did you download it from? All Vista images that I've seen except for
>> certain enterprise ones are that of a bootable DVD.


>> "EdC" <EdC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C3C476D0-9BDE-4777-A71C-AC3AC1EDBD44@microsoft.com...
>>> My copy of Vista was downloaded from MS. I need a bootable dvd - on boot I
>>> get BOOTMGR missing - to restore the boot files. How can I make one?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance-

>>


I clicked on the Help from that link:

http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=395

and take a look at Item #8:

#8. Can I burn a copy of the upgrade version of Windows Vista I have
purchased?

Yes, you can burn a DVD of the downloaded files, but you will need to
copy files locally on your machines before running the downloaded files.
You are also eligible to receive software fulfillment—a DVD or 5
CDs--from Microsoft (you pay only shipping and handling). Order your
backup DVD or CD copy here.

If you have questions about doing this (and frankly, it looks confusing
to me), here are some phone numbers that may help:

#10. I’m having problems with installing Windows Vista. Who can I contact?

If you have any questions during your Windows Vista upgrade
installation, please contact the Windows Vista Support Team. Support for
Windows Vista can be found at http://www.support.microsoft.com or you
can call Support Customer Care: 1-800-MICROSOFT (U.S. and Canada only).


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable eigher..PLESE H =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 09-19-2007 14:34
Create single bootable DVD frm 5 Vista setup CD imageS? =?Utf-8?B?cmFsbGlhcnQxMg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 7 04-23-2007 23:33
Vista bootable dvd nonymouse microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 04-20-2007 20:59
Maintain 5.1 audio creating DVD from HD OTA DVRMS =?Utf-8?B?RGFya3N0YXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 04-11-2007 22:26
Express Upgrade DVD Bootable? pkwong@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 7 03-22-2007 05:08




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:55.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120