Duplicate activation of Windows Vista

Dusty123

Duplicate activation of Windows Vista
I have recenly made hardware changes to my pc which necessitated a
re-installation of Windows XP and Micrsoft Office 2003. I did have some
trouble with Micrsoft Update once I'd installed Office but following a
re-installation of Windows Vista upgrade this problem was resolved.
I think I've done something foolish; with all the registration and
validation of the respective products I became confused in one simple area
-when everything was up and running OK and whilst exploring the Vista
environment I noticed that the activate Windows Vista link was an active link
and assumed I hadn't actually activated Vista, so I tried again. I got the
message that the product was already in use, realised that I'd already
actvated it and just cancelled out of the activation procedure. I further
assumed that Vista is actually activated because I'm am successfully able to
use Microsoft Update (which from memory I can't do until vlidation and
activation of the product has taken place).
HOWEVER my Windows Vista activation menu is now telling me that there are 25
days left for activation until when Vista will stop working.
Is this purely a message procedure that will work itself out and Vista will
continue to function after 25 days or do I need to take some further action?

--
UKKeith
Rick Rogers

Re: Duplicate activation of Windows Vista
Hi,

Use the phone option and reactivate. If you wait 25 days and it does lock
you out, you will wish you had sorted it now.

Incidentally, it doesn't have to be activated to use the update site, just
validated.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/