Installoing Vista Business 64 bit

KrazyKat

Installoing Vista Business 64 bit
Folk'ses,

I got a new Dell E521 with an AMD 64 X2 and 4GB of RAM.
SInce Dell ships it with only 32-bit system and went and bought a 64-bit
version (to actually be able to use the memory and CPU power).

when I try to install the 64-bit system, it "blue-screens" with either 0x7E
or 0xa. Acc. to DELL support this is because the installation does not
contain necessary drivers.

has anybody out there had success in installing a 64bit Vista and what can i
do to overcom e this problem.

thanx.
Mike Brannigan

Re: Installoing Vista Business 64 bit
"KrazyKat" <KrazyKat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Folk'ses,
>
> I got a new Dell E521 with an AMD 64 X2 and 4GB of RAM.
> SInce Dell ships it with only 32-bit system and went and bought a 64-bit
> version (to actually be able to use the memory and CPU power).
>
> when I try to install the 64-bit system, it "blue-screens" with either
> 0x7E
> or 0xa. Acc. to DELL support this is because the installation does not
> contain necessary drivers.
>
> has anybody out there had success in installing a 64bit Vista and what can
> do to overcom e this problem.
>
> thanx.

There are millions of us running the x64(64-bit) version of Vista.
Your issue is going to be to ensure you have all the relevant x64 drivers
for the various components for your PC.
Your first point of call should be the Dell web site and then the vendors of
the various components (sound card, video card etc.)
Just go here
http://support.dell.com/support/down...=19&l=en&s=dhs

put in your E521 then you can see all the drivers or Vista 64-bit (by
changing the OS type)

--

Mike Brannigan

abhaigh

Re: Installoing Vista Business 64 bit

pull 2 gigs of ram out

reboot

apply this patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777

shutdown

stuff the extra ram back in

you should be fine

I had the same problem, 8gigs of ram in the machine, vista x64 would
continually 0x7e on me and reboot - I pulled the extra ram to leave
only one 2gig stick, was able to start the os - applied the patch -
then could add my extra ram back and boot back into the Os again.

One problem I am still having though is this - can't boot into the
same amount of ram twice in a row - I have to add or remove sticks of
ram each reboot in order to get the Os up and running - the next time
it boots into 8 gigs is the last time I boot the machine for a while

-=A=-

--
abhaigh
abhaigh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27253

http://forums.techarena.in

James Matthews

Re: Installoing Vista Business 64 bit
Thats vista! We love it!

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=14
"abhaigh" <abhaigh.2svv3j@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> pull 2 gigs of ram out
>
> reboot
>
> apply this patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777
>
> shutdown
>
> stuff the extra ram back in
>
> you should be fine
>
> I had the same problem, 8gigs of ram in the machine, vista x64 would
> continually 0x7e on me and reboot - I pulled the extra ram to leave
> only one 2gig stick, was able to start the os - applied the patch -
> then could add my extra ram back and boot back into the Os again.
>
> One problem I am still having though is this - can't boot into the
> same amount of ram twice in a row - I have to add or remove sticks of
> ram each reboot in order to get the Os up and running - the next time
> it boots into 8 gigs is the last time I boot the machine for a while
>
> -=A=-
>

> --
> abhaigh
> abhaigh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27253
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=749616
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

joseph2k

Mike Brannigan wrote:

> "KrazyKat" <KrazyKat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Folk'ses,
>>
>> I got a new Dell E521 with an AMD 64 X2 and 4GB of RAM.
>> SInce Dell ships it with only 32-bit system and went and bought a 64-bit
>> version (to actually be able to use the memory and CPU power).
>>
>> when I try to install the 64-bit system, it "blue-screens" with either
>> 0x7E
>> or 0xa. Acc. to DELL support this is because the installation does not
>> contain necessary drivers.
>>
>> has anybody out there had success in installing a 64bit Vista and what
>> can i
>> do to overcom e this problem.
>>
>> thanx.

> There are millions of us running the x64(64-bit) version of Vista.
> Your issue is going to be to ensure you have all the relevant x64 drivers
> for the various components for your PC.
> Your first point of call should be the Dell web site and then the vendors
> of the various components (sound card, video card etc.)
> Just go here
> http://support.dell.com/support/down...=19&l=en&s=dhs
>
> put in your E521 then you can see all the drivers or Vista 64-bit (by
> changing the OS type)

Plus if you do not find a required Vista driver you can try win2k or XP
64-bit drivers (if they exist). They work about half the time from what i
have heard.
--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.┬*┬*