Reinstall Activation Problems

thomasanthonyford

Reinstall Activation Problems
My laptop with Windows Vista on it went corrupt so i had to wipe the
hard drive and reinstall Windows Vista from scratch. The problem is
the product key that came with the software no longer works when i
activate windows because the activation server still thinks the key is
in use!

What do i do?!

pvdg42

Re: Reinstall Activation Problems

"thomasanthonyford" <thomasanthonyford@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1179492227.574673.246820@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
> My laptop with Windows Vista on it went corrupt so i had to wipe the
> hard drive and reinstall Windows Vista from scratch. The problem is
> the product key that came with the software no longer works when i
> activate windows because the activation server still thinks the key is
> in use!
>
> What do i do?!

Use the toll free phone activation. Go through all the prompts until you get
a human, then explain what happened.

thomasanthonyford

On 18 May, 13:47, "pvdg42" <pvd...@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
> "thomasanthonyford" <thomasanthonyf...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1179492227.574673.246820@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...> My laptop with Windows Vista on it went corrupt so i had to wipe the
> > hard drive and reinstall Windows Vista from scratch. The problem is
> > the product key that came with the software no longer works when i
> > activate windows because the activation server still thinks the key is
> > in use!

> > What do i do?!

> Use the toll free phone activation. Go through all the prompts until you get
> a human, then explain what happened.

I cant find an option for "toll free phone activation" I am from
England

news:1179496369.188142.77930@k79g2000hse.googlegro ups.com...
> On 18 May, 13:47, "pvdg42" <pvd...@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
>
> I cant find an option for "toll free phone activation" I am from
> England

If you are not being offered a phone option, I'd suggest you contact the
nearest Microsoft office by phone, explain the situation, and get their
assistance in connecting you to the assistance you need.

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

John Barnett MVP

Re: Reinstall Activation Problems
You should be offered a free phone number if you select the 'activate by
phone' option. Go through the activation process again and check to see if
there are two options - one to activate over the internet and another to
activate by telephone. Select the activate by telephone and a number should
appear on your screen. Telephone this number and the automated activation
service will answer. You must be in front of your pc during the call because
you will need to enter a set of numbers via your telephone keypad and then
the automated service will give you another set of numbers to type into the
available boxes on your screen. Once again, if the automated service cannot
activate your copy, stay on the line and you will be transferred to a real
person. You can then explain what has happened and he/she will help you
activate your copy.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert