delete previous verisions of 2nd hard drive

Nick

delete previous verisions of 2nd hard drive
I have 2 hard drives and installed vista on the 2nd and kept xp on the forst
(incase I wanted to go back for some reason). I am pretty happy with vista
and now want to remove XP from 1st Hard Drive. How do I do this. I don't care
if I have to format, or detele everything seperately.
Rick Rogers

Re: delete previous verisions of 2nd hard drive
Hi,

Just delete the Windows folder on the first drive. Don't format it, as you
are likely booting from the first hard drive.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 hard drives and installed vista on the 2nd and kept xp on the
>forst
> (incase I wanted to go back for some reason). I am pretty happy with vista
> and now want to remove XP from 1st Hard Drive. How do I do this. I don't
> care
> if I have to format, or detele everything seperately.

Nick

Re: delete previous verisions of 2nd hard drive
I can't delete the original version of windows. I've tried through "computer"
and the command prompt and keep getting an error i don't have permission and
I am an admin user

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just delete the Windows folder on the first drive. Don't format it, as you
> are likely booting from the first hard drive.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 2 hard drives and installed vista on the 2nd and kept xp on the
> >forst
> > (incase I wanted to go back for some reason). I am pretty happy with vista
> > and now want to remove XP from 1st Hard Drive. How do I do this. I don't
> > care
> > if I have to format, or detele everything seperately.

Rick Rogers

Re: delete previous verisions of 2nd hard drive
Hi,

Take ownership. Right click the folder, choose properties. On the security
tab, click on advanced. Go to the ownership tab, click edit, change the
owner to your account and enable the box to propagate to subfolders.
Apply/ok your way out, it will take some time to run. Then you can safely
delete it.