Re: vista help

PA Bear

Re: vista help
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup newsgroup via
crosspost.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Usman wrote:
> hi,
> i recently bought vista and i am trying to install it on my xp machine. i
> keep getting an error that says something to the extent of "windows cannot
> copy files required for installation". has anybody had this problem?
>
> any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in
> advance!

Usman

Re: vista help
anybody help?

i was told i have to update my cd drive but i cant even do that

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup newsgroup via
> crosspost.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>
> Usman wrote:
> > hi,
> > i recently bought vista and i am trying to install it on my xp machine. i
> > keep getting an error that says something to the extent of "windows cannot
> > copy files required for installation". has anybody had this problem?
> >
> > any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in
> > advance!

Michael A. Covington

Re: vista help
>> > i recently bought vista and i am trying to install it on my xp machine.
>> > keep getting an error that says something to the extent of "windows
>> > cannot
>> > copy files required for installation". has anybody had this problem?
>> >
>> > any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
>> > in
>> > advance!

(1) You mentioned a CD drive. Vista comes on a DVD. Make sure your drive
can read DVDs reliably.

(2) Do you have enough hard disk space to copy Vista onto? I think they
want you to start with 40 GB free although not all of this is used by Vista
after it finished installing.

PA Bear

Re: vista help
As Michael pointed out, are you trying to use a DVD in a CD drive?

Have you run the Upgrade Advisor?
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...a&mg_id=20409b
--
~PA Bear